Filled with crunchy cinnamon cereal, apple pie filling and vanilla cake mix, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Dump Cake is sure to please. It's another one of my apple dessert recipes that's ready fast!
Grab a box of cereal and a box cake mix and let's bake something amazing today.
What I love most about this cinnamon toast crunch apple dump cake recipe is that it's another easy dessert that's perfect to serve any time of year. Don't just wait till fall to serve an "apple" dessert.
If you're not a fan of the cinnamon toast crunch cereal, try my recipe for Apple Dump Cake. Which is just as good only has a little bit of brown sugar added with chopped pecans.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Dump Cake Recipes? Try my Apple Dump Cake Recipe, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Dump Cake or my Air Fryer Peach Dump Cake...yum!
Apple Pie Filling Dump Cake
Dump Cake Recipes are one of my cake mix hacks. I love using a cake mix as an ingredient to help me bake an easy, delicious recipe. For this recipe, I use the cake mix to form the crumble topping.
Dump Cake Recipes all pair well either homemade vanilla ice cream or even homemade whipped cream. However, if you're pressed for time, a can of whipped cream is just as good.
Make sure you check out my Cake Mix Baking Secrets and Printable for more great cake mix ideas.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Apple Pie Filling
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- Vanilla Cake Mix
Step 1 | Layer the Ingredients
- Add the cereal to the bottom of a baking pan.
- Then add the apple pie filling to the top of the cereal.
- Finally open the cake mix and sprinkle it evenly on top of the apple pie filling.
Step 2 | Add the Butter
- Add the sliced butter to the top of the cake mix.
Step 3 | Baking Instructions
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the apple pie filling is bubbling.
- Dump cakes are not really that pretty once you take them out of the oven.
- Which is why I love to sprinkle powder sugar on top.
Step 4 | Serving Tips
- This recipe should serve 12 people.
- It's also best served warm instead of cold.
- You can reheat is in the microwave for any leftovers.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Top Baking Tip
If you notice halfway through baking the dump cake that there are areas of the cake mix still dry, add a little melted butter on top of the dry areas.
There are so many ways you can prepare or change up this recipe:
- Pie Filling - if you don't have apple pie filling, use peach, cherry or blueberry.
- Too Sweet? - if you feel apple pie filling is too sweet for you, add a small can of crushed pineapple to the mixture.
- Add Nuts - add crushed pecans or walnuts to the top of the cake mix before adding the butter for an extra added crunchy topping.
- See this cinnamon toast crunch peach dump cake version of this recipe on my website!
- Any leftovers should be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Dump Cake can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Allow the dessert to thaw in the refrigerator the night before you want to serve it.
- Reheat it in a preheated 350° F oven until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Recipe Question
The beauty of making a dump cake is you do not need to stir the ingredients. They combine perfect as they bake.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Dump Cake
Filled with crunchy cinnamon cereal, apple pie filling and vanilla cake mix, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Dump Cake is sure to please.
- 2 cans apple pie filling; 20 ounce size each
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 1 ½ sticks butter; sliced
- 1 box vanilla cake mix; 15.25 ounce size
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Layer the 3 cups of cereal in the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the canned apple pie filling in an even layer over the cereal.
- Spread the vanilla cake mix on top of the apples in an even layer.
- Finally add the sliced butter and evenly space on top of the cake mix layer.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the cake is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven an d allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Do not mix the layers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Food Safety Tips
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when baking this recipe:
- Be careful when using a Pyrex-style baking dish for this recipe. There have been reports of them exploding either in the oven or after you take the dish out of the oven to cool down. Apparently this is due to introducing sudden temperature changes to the baking dish. It can happen when you put a cold dish into a hot oven or when you take a hot dish out of the oven and place it on a cold counter top. For more information, read the article from Well and Good.
- If you do use a Pyrex baking dish, try not to set the hot dish on a cold countertop. Place it on top of a dishtowel or even a few pot holders.
- If you are prepping this recipe ahead of time and have it stored in the refrigerator, make sure the baking dish comes to room temperature before placing it in the preheated oven.
Leave a Reply