Are you ready for a sweet, chocolatey treat that's both delicious and easy to make? Then look no further than this homemade easy chocolate mousse recipe made with heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, and pudding mix!
Making it only requires 5 minutes of active preparation time. So gather up all of your ingredients and let's get started on creating an unforgettable dessert experience!
Check out all the other easy dessert recipes available here on the blog!
Made with only four ingredients, this will be your new go-to dessert recipe. It's kind of like combining homemade whipped cream with melted chocolate.
This decadent dessert will satisfy even the most intense sweet tooth cravings without any hassle. The thick fluffy texture of this dreamy mouse melts in your mouth as the creamy richness envelopes your taste buds - what more could you ask for?!
Table of Contents
What is Chocolate Mousse?
Mousse is lighter and fluffier than pudding. That comes from using an electric mixer to combine everything together. The mixer helps add the air needed to get everything light and perfect.
Traditionally a chocolate mousse is made with egg whites beaten until fluffy and then added to a combination of heavy cream and melted chocolate.
Baking Tip: This is not a traditional chocolate mousse dessert. With only 4 ingredients, this dessert is a semi-homemade version of a classic recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
KitchenAid 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer6 Pack Glass Dessert Bowls6 Pack 15 oz Round Clear Plastic Jars With Black Lids
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- In the bowl of your Kitchen Aid Mixer, add the pudding mix, cocoa powder and heavy whipping cream.
- Beat on high for about 1 to 2 minutes or just until the mixture has thickened and fluffed up nicely.
Step 2 | Do not overbeat
- Be careful you don't overbeat the whipped cream as it does sometimes have a tendency to thicken quickly.
Step 3 | Add the Chocolate Chips
- Next, add the ½ cup of mini chocolate chips and gently fold them into the whipped chocolate cream mixture.
- You could also stir in chopped pecans or hazelnuts at this point as well.
- Chopped up candy bars such as peanut butter cups or toffee bar would be really delicious.
- Even crushed Oreo cookies would be yummy!
- The mousse is ready to enjoy as soon as you finishing folding in the mini chocolate chips, but it can also be refrigerated until you're ready to serve.
- Spoon the Easy Chocolate Mousse into individual dessert glasses or even mason jars are nice.
- You can add extra whipped cream and a cherry on top if you desire.
- If you don't plan on serving the chocolate mousse right away, you'll need to store it in an air-tight container for up to three days otherwise the whipping cream will start to separate from the pudding mix.
Air-Tight Storage Containers: these air-tight storage containers that help keep food fresh for longer. Use them to store fresh baked goods, cookies, fruit and vegetables, left overs, and more. The silicone lids lock to close to ensure an air tight seal. The stackable, multi-size design makes these containers easy to store. They're perfectly sized for the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Chocolate Pudding Parfaits - made with Oreo cookies.
- No Bake Pudding Desserts perfect for summer parties since they're served in mason jars.
- Chocolate Eclair Pudding Pie - an old recipe but really delicious!
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Made with only four ingredients, this will be your new go-to dessert recipe. Let me show you how easy this chocolate mousse recipe is to make!
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix; 4 serving size
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Using either a stand mixer or a hand mixer, add all the ingredients, except the mini chocolate chips, to the bow.
- Beat on medium high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until everything is combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the mini chips.
- Serve immediately or refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can garnish the mousse with freshly whipped cream and a cherry or extra mini chocolate chips.
- Store any leftover mousse in an air-tight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2020 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Jasmine | Midsummer Life Dream says
Easy chocolate mousse will always be a wnner for me!
Ooh! This sounds delicious and so nice and easy too. Pinned.