Let me show you how to take something easy as no-bake pudding mix and turn it into an over the top chocolate pudding parfaits topped with crushed Oreo cookies!
Chocolate Pudding Parfaits with Oreo Cookies
One of my favorite desserts is chocolate pudding. When my children were younger, I used to make chocolate pudding quite often as a snack or special treat for them. As a matter of fact, it’s really very easy to make when you’re using instant pudding mix.
And this recipe for chocolate pudding parfaits is incredibly easy to make because it starts out with a box of instant pudding mix too! I know your family will enjoy this recipe. Actually, it’s delicious enough to serve to company when you’re entertaining.
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- Heavy Cream
- Oreo cookies
To being with, you need to whisk together the pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Then in another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks.
Don’t forget to crush the cookies! See note below for my easy tips on crushing cookies.
How to Easily Crush Cookies
The easiest way to crush cookies is to use a food processor. However, if you don’t have one, here’s a few easy tips for crushing cookies into crumbs for any recipe:
- Place half the amount of cookies in a plastic storage bag.
- Remove the air from the bag and make sure it’s completely closed. You don’t want the crumbs to escape and make a huge mess!
- Place the bag on a flat surface and using a rolling pin begin to flatten the bag to create a single layer of cookies.
- Next, gently “roll” over the bag until the cookies are crushed to the size you need for the recipe.
- If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can always use a meat cleaver. I’ve even used the back of a stainless steel measuring cup.
How to Layer the Pudding Dessert
Next the fun part comes…putting the dessert together!
- Start by adding a layer of the pudding to the bottom of the glass.
- Then add a little whipped cream followed by cookie crumbs.
- Repeat until the glass is full!
How many layers you use depends on the size and style of the glass cup you use for this dessert.
Don’t crush all the Oreo cookies! Leave at least one to add to the top of each glass. Remember, we eat with our eyes first!
Tips for Serving Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
- It’s always best to serve any type of parfait in a clear glass serving bowls.
- You want to be able to see the different layers of pudding, whipped cream and of course the delicious Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Any glass bowl will work for this recipe. Just make sure it’s tall enough so you can get a few different layers added to the glass.
- Mason jars work really great for desserts like this too as with my recipe for Easy No Bake Mason Jar Pudding Desserts.
- Lastly, if you don’t have individual glasses or mason jars for this recipe, a clear glass bowl works great too. You’ll need to layer everything inside the clear glass bowl and then serve it into individual plates or bowls when the dessert is ready.
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix - 5.9 ounce size
- 3 cups milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 package Oreo cookies crushed
In a large bowl, whisk chocolate pudding and milk for about 2 minutes, set aside.
In another bowl, mix your heavy cream with a hand mixer until whipped cream forms, this may take several minutes.
Layer your parfait glasses with a layer of chocolate pudding, followed by whipped cream, then crushed Oreos.
Repeat pudding, whipped cream, and finish with crushed Oreos.
Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, then serve.
Don't crush all the Oreo cookies. Save a few to add to the pudding cups so everyone knows the cookie crumbs are actually delicious Oreo cookies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – made with a cake mix
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.