Let me show you how to take something simple as a no-bake pudding mix and turn it into an over the top dessert like these chocolate pudding parfaits topped with crushed Oreo cookies!
Make sure you check out all the other no bake desserts that are just as easy and delicious!
One of my favorite desserts is chocolate pudding. When my children were younger, I used to make chocolate pudding quite often as a snack or special treat for them.
And this recipe for chocolate pudding parfaits is incredibly easy to make because it starts out with a box of instant pudding mix. I know your family will enjoy this recipe. Actually, it's delicious enough to serve to company when you're entertaining.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed:
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix - you can use sugar free or regular pudding mix.
- Heavy Cream
- Oreo cookies
Step 1: Prepare the Pudding
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk in a large bowl.
- Then in another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Next, crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs.
Step 2: How to Easily Crush Cookies
The easiest way to crush cookies is to use a food processor. However, if you don't have one, here's a few easy tips for crushing cookies into crumbs for any recipe:
- Place half the amount of cookies in a plastic storage bag.
- Remove the air from the bag and make sure it's completely closed. You don't want the crumbs to escape and make a huge mess!
- Place the bag on a flat surface and using a rolling pin begin to flatten the bag to create a single layer of cookies.
- Next, gently "roll" over the bag until the cookies are crushed to the size you need for the recipe.
- If you don't have a rolling pin, you can always use a meat cleaver. I've even used the back of a stainless steel measuring cup.
Step 3: How to Layer the Pudding Dessert
- Start by adding a layer of the pudding to the bottom of the glass.
- Then add a little whipped cream followed by cookie crumbs.
- Repeat until the glass is full!
Remember to reserve some of the cookie crumbs to garnish the pudding.
Tips for Serving Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
- It's always best to serve any type of parfait in a clear glass serving bowls.
- You want to be able to see the different layers of pudding, whipped cream and of course the delicious Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Any glass bowl will work for this recipe. Just make sure it's tall enough so you can get a few different layers added to the glass.
- Mason jars work really great for desserts like this too as with my recipe for Easy No Bake Mason Jar Pudding Desserts.
- Lastly, if you don't have individual glasses or mason jars for this recipe, a clear glass bowl works great too. You'll need to layer everything inside the clear glass bowl and then serve it into individual plates or bowls when the dessert is ready.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies - made with a cake mix
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix - 5.9 ounce size
- 3 cups milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 package Oreo cookies crushed
In a large bowl, whisk chocolate pudding and milk for about 2 minutes, set aside.
In another bowl, mix your heavy cream with a hand mixer until whipped cream forms, this may take several minutes.
Layer your parfait glasses with a layer of chocolate pudding, followed by whipped cream, then crushed Oreos.
Repeat pudding, whipped cream, and finish with crushed Oreos.
Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour, then serve.
Don't crush all the Oreo cookies. Save a few to add to the pudding cups so everyone knows the cookie crumbs are actually delicious Oreo cookies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!