What’s more Fourth of July than a red, white, and blue cake? This Fourth of July Cake is easy to make and even easier to decorate.
Store-bought vanilla dessert shells and cream cheese frosting are transformed into a festive patriotic dessert with fresh berries and patriotic colors. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or taking a dessert to a potluck, this recipe is sure to be a hit!
Check out all the other 4th of July Foods that will help you create the perfect patriotic menu.
Most summers I have high hopes of preparing all these amazing red, white and blue desserts for our July 4th Menu, only to find myself overwhelmed with the salads, appetizers and of course the barbecue entrees.
Which is why I love this easy dessert recipe that starts out with store-bought dessert shells and an assortment of fresh berries. If you don't feel like adding the homemade cream cheese frosting, simply use whipped topping.
Table of Contents
Fourth of July Cake Easy
This patriotic cake idea is easy! It starts out with store-bought vanilla dessert shells, fresh berries and homemade cream cheese frosting. Simply spoon the cream cheese frosting into the wells in the center of the dessert shells and then fill with fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
You can easily prepare this dessert the day before. I wouldn't put the recipe completely together until a few hours before serving. Prepare the cream cheese frosting and store in an air-tight container.
Fourth of July Cake with Strawberries and Blueberries
Traditionally most patriotic desserts are made simply with strawberries and blueberries. That being said, you can easily leave the blackberries and raspberries off of this cake if they're not fruits your family enjoys.
Whether you’re looking for a Fourth of July dessert recipe that’s easy to make or impressive to look at, this Fourth of July Cake is sure to please!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add the sugar, cream cheese, milk and vanilla to a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, combine until everything is smooth and creamy. Make sure you scrape the sides as needed.
- Continue mixing until the frosting reaches a fluffy and creamy consistency.
Step 2 | Put the Dessert Together
- Spread the frosting on top of each dessert shell.
- Then cover with the berries. Leftover berrries can be used to decorate the plates when serving.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- If you don't want to use the homemade cream cheese frosting, you could substitute a canned frosting or even defrosted whipped topping.
- Change up the fruit to what your family and guests love, only try to keep the colors patriotic for the holiday.
- Top with cute American flag cupcake toppers too!
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- 8 vanilla cake dessert shells
- 3 ounces blackberries
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 3 ounces blueberries
- 6 strawberries; diced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese; room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the sugar, cream cheese, milk and vanilla extract to a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, blend the ingredients together until the frosting is fluffy and a creamy consistency.
- Add a littlee of the frosting to each dessert cake shell.
- Then add the berries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If there are leftover berries, arrange them on the serving platter in a decorative pattern.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.