Filled with two types of cheese, crumbled bacon, jalapeno and ranch seasoning, these Cream Cheese Spirals make a great appetizer!
This recipe only takes about ten minutes to prepare and there is no cooking involved. After chilling for an hour, you slice and serve!
This recipe makes perfect appetizers for game night, summer party or even as a first course to go along with any of our Family Dinner Ideas.
Check out even more Easy Appetizers you can prepare for your loved ones and friends!
Are you tired of preparing the same appetizers for a family get-together? If so, it's time to introduce something new and exciting!
These delicious cream cheese pinwheels are sure to please everyone. Not only do they look incredible, but they are surprisingly simple to make.
This recipe uses a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip and Dressing, but you could also use my Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix.
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to put this delicious snack together.
Table of Contents
👩🍳How to make flavored cream cheese?
Why spend a ton of money on a small container of flavored cream cheese when you can prepare it yourself at home! The great thing about making them yourself, is you can easily customize to your own taste.
Start with softened cream cheese and then stir in some of your favorite spices and herbs. You can try garlic powder, chili powder or even smoked paprika.
A few favorite herbs to try are chopped dill, chives or Italian seasoning. Once you have all of these items prepped, mix them together in a food processor until they are creamy and smooth.
Now you have homemade flavored cream cheese that you can enjoy with crackers or rolled up in a flour tortilla!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Spatulas, Set of 3 Professional Angled Offset SpatulaSolid Acacia Wood Serving TraysHidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, Two 8 Ounce Canisters (16 Ounces Total)6 Pcs Plastic Mixing Bowls Set
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can change this recipe by using a flavored flour tortilla. Try cheddar jalapeno tortillas or spinach tortillas for different flavors. The different colors of tortillas also look great on the appetizer tray.
- You could even add sliced ham on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- How about skipping the Hidden Valley Ranch Flavor and use a taco seasoning instead? Yum!
- Try this recipe for Tortilla Pinwheels that also uses sour cream in the mixture or this one for Hawaiian Tortilla Rollups with ham and pineapple.
Step 1: Combine the Ingredients
- Combine the cream cheese with the ranch seasoning mix with an electric mixer or a food processor.
- Then add in the bacon, chopped jalapenoes, cheddar cheese.
Step 2: Spread on Flour Tortillas
- Spread about ¼ cup of the mixture on top of each of the four tortillas.
- Start at one end and roll each tortilla up. Wrap them with either plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least one hour.
📌Quick Tip: It's really important that you allow the cream cheese roll ups to chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two before slicing. Chilling them helps bring the ingredients together and firm up the tortillas so they don't crush or fall apart when slicing.
Step 3: How to Slice the Spirals
- Unwrap the cream cheese spirals right before you're ready to serve.
- Place on top of a cutting board and slice.
- Arrange the slices on top of a serving tray or platter.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Place the tortilla roll ups on a platter or cutting board before serving.
- You can also serve homemade salsa or homemade guacamole in small bowls.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy them within 48 hours.
- If you keep them any longer than 48 hours, they could get soggy.
- 【Set of 8 Glass Storage Containers】Rectangle (35.1OZ)+(21.6OZ)+(12.5OZ)+(5OZ); Square (27.1OZ)+(17.6OZ)+(10.8OZ)+(6.8OZ); large and small containers are versatile for different use: meal prep food, leftover, sauce, lunch to go, RV, picnic, camping.
- These ingredients do not hold up well to freezing.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so it blends well with the cheddar cheese.
- It also helps when spreading the mixture on top of the flour tortillas.
Make sure you chill the cream cheese pinwheels before slicing and serving. When the cream cheese gets warm, it will begin to thin out and cause the pinwheels to get soggy.
You can make the tortilla pinwheels a day ahead of when you plan on serving them. Keep them wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and slice right before you plan on serving them.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet powdered Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- ½ cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon; chopped
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Combine together the cream cheese and dressing mix using either an electric mixer or a food processor.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and combine again.
- Stir in the chopped jalapenoes and the chopped bacon.
- Spread about ¼ cup of the mixture on top of each tortilla.
- Start from one end, and roll each tortilla up until you get to the other end.
- Wrap in either plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for a few hours to allow the cream cheese mixture to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the tortillas from the refrigerator, unwrap and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange on a plate or platter to serve.
I usually do not add the ends of the tortillas to the platter for serving. They are usually considered a snack for myself.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2013 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!