Let’s take some time now to plan ahead for when life is really busy. This week’s meal plan includes Easy Freezer Meals. Make sure you check out my article on Freezer Meal Planning Tips available that is a great help in getting dinner on the table every night.
Since school is starting soon for most of us, I thought it would be a good idea to feature Easy Freezer Meals for this week’s meal plan. I know it makes life for me easier when I have a plan in place for dinner every night of the week and hope it’s the same for you.
There’s also a new weekly meal plan printable that you’ll be able to download and print out with the recipe titles. You’ll have space to add notes, like side dish recipes to serve with the main meal.
I’m also including seven meals for the entire week which I think was lacking with the old meal plans on the site. The new plans still give you a spot where you can work in a eat out or order in night.
Meal Planning Categories Examples
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday – Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday – Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday – Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday – Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday – Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday – Comfort Food Meal
Meal Plan #2 – Easy Freezer Meals
- Monday – Meatless – Southwest Black Bean Burgers from Produce for Kids
- Tuesday: Mexican – Chicken Fajita Meal Bowl from All Nutritious
- Wednesday: Chicken – Grilled Barbecue Chicken – you can prep this meal ahead of time by tossing the chicken with the barbecue sauce and then freezing in a freezer-safe bag. Then when you need an easy meal, pull the frozen marinated chicken out of the freezer in the morning to be ready for the grill by evening.
- Thursday: Pasta/Italian Night – Homemade Tomato Sauce with Meatballs. This sauce cooks all day in the crock pot and freezes great. I like to make a big batch and freezer in air-tight containers to pull out on busy nights.
- Friday: Sandwiches and Soup – Homemade Loaded Potato Soup served in Semi-Homemade Bread Bowls made from frozen bread dough. This soup freezes really great too, which makes it perfect for leftovers!
- Saturday: Pizza or Eat Out Night – Pizza Pepperoni Braid – use frozen pizza dough to make the braid!
- Sunday: Comfort Food – Freezer Friendly Mini Meatloaves from Sweet Cayenne
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Great Ideas to Help you Meal Plan at Home
In case you’re looking for more dinner ideas, check out the past Weekly Meal Plans available on the site for you:
Weekly Meal Plan Printables
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
If you’re looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you’re going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.
There are also quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, Shopping Lists are all available. Once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.