These easy Mummy Cookies are a fun Halloween Themed Recipe that's cute and scary at the same time. Let me show you an easy recipe that uses pre-packaged cookies and white chocolate that the whole family can help you create and have fun at the same time!
There's really no way to mess up these mummy cookies either. The squiggly lines are meant to be all over the place. And the googly eyes can and should be crooked! These are fun mummy cookies that also taste delicious.
It took me awhile to start creating Oreo cookie treats. My very first recipe was Oreo Christmas Cookies and we loved them!
There are so many different ways you can make these chocolate covered Oreo cookies. Have fun making this recipe your own.
Make sure you grab the FREE Halloween Printable Tags above to use if you want to give these cookies out to family and friends. Or if you want, check out the Printable Gift Bags with Matching Tags!
Check out a full collection of Halloween Themed Desserts for more ideas!
Table of Contents
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- White Melting Chocolate - for this recipe I used Almond Bark.
- Googly Eyes
- Halloween Sprinkles
Quick Tip: Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil if you need to thin out the white chocolate so it drizzles easily.
Step 1 | Melt the White Chocolate
- Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Then place the bowls in the microwave and begin melting the chocolate in 30 second intervals making sure you stir the chocolate after every 30 seconds to make sure the chocolate heats evenly.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Step 2 | Piping Instructions
- Add the melted chocolate to either a plastic bag or a plastic drizzle bottle.
- Make back and forth patterns of the melted white chocolate to create the mummy look on top of the Oreo cookies.
Step 3 | Decorate
- Before the melted chocolate dries, add the candy eyes.
- Then add the Halloween sprinkles.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
- Colored Candy Melts - feel free to use any color candy melt you want. Traditionally "mummy" cookies are white, but you can make them orange, purple, ,green...the bright colors are fun and festive.
- Fun Sprinkles- add fun colored sprinkles.
- Kid Friendly - let the kids help you make these.
- See my Nutter Butter Mummy Ghost cookies on my website for another fun Halloween treat to go along with these Easy Halloween Cookies.
- Store the Oreo Christmas Cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks. You don't need to refrigerate them unless it's really warm in your kitchen.
- These cookies do not freeze well as the cold temperature from the freezer can change the way the chocolate looks when you defrost them.
- Make sure you add the candy eyes and sprinkles while the chocolate is melted.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTION
You can melt chocolate for dipping using the microwave or a double boiler.
📖 Recipe Card
- 45 Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- White Candy Melts; 12 ounce package
- Candy Eyes
- Halloween Sprinkles
Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
Then place the bowls in the microwave and begin melting the chocolate in 30 second intervals making sure you stir the chocolate after every 30 seconds to make sure the chocolate heats evenly.
Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Add the melted chocolate to either a plastic bag or a plastic drizzle bottle.
Make back and forth patterns of the melted white chocolate to create the mummy look on top of the Oreo cookies.
Before the melted chocolate dries, add the candy eyes.
Then add the Halloween sprinkles.
Depending on how many eyes you want on the cookies, you may need more than 45.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.