Bacon Wrapped BBQ Crock Pot Chicken is sweet, smoky and delicious. Did I mention this recipe is easy too?
Let me show you how to make a another Family Favorite Chicken Recipe your family is going to love for dinner tonight.
Do you love your crock pot as much as I do? I love being able to put dinner together in the morning and come home at the end of the day and dinner is ready.
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped BBQ Crock Pot Chicken is just one of the Family Favorite Crock Pot Recipes that I love to prepare when time is short.
Table of Contents
Bacon Wrapped BBQ Crock Pot Chicken
With our busy lives, we're all looking for recipes that will help us get dinner on the table quick after a long day at work and still taste good. This recipe is delicious. It's easy and more importantly, the chicken is wrapped in BACON.
And everything tastes amazing when wrapped in bacon, right? But if you don't want bacon, try my Barbecue Chicken in Crock Pot recipe.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Barbecue sauce
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- 2 small apples peeled and chopped
- 6 slices of bacon - 3 slices per chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Try this recipe with chicken thighs, too!
- Barbecue Sauce - Use your favorite bottled sauce or try my Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe.
- Check out how to make shredded chicken for recipes in the slow cooker.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
How to Wrap Chicken in Bacon
- Step 1: Lay boneless, skinless chicken breast on top of the bacon and start wrapping.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and the chopped apples; set aside while you wrap the chicken in bacon.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, prepare your chicken by placing each chicken breast on top of the strips of bacon; 3 pieces of bacon per chicken breast. Wrap the bacon around each chicken breast and place inside the crock pot with the seam side of the bacon on the bottom.
- Step 4: Cover the chicken with the barbecue sauce and apple mixture and cook on low four to six hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Step 5: My crock pot cooks fast, so usually after 4 hours, I check to see if the chicken is done. If you overcook the chicken, it can get dry, so check it after a few hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and place on a platter.
- Pour the liquid through a sieve and you'll get a really nice sauce with the apples that you can drizzle on top of the chicken and serve on the side.
- The apples add a really nice flavor to the barbecue sauce.
🍽 Make it a Meal
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and use within 3-4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Add leftovers to a freezer zip top bag or airtight container.
- Defrost in the refrigerator then reheat in the microwave when ready to enjoy.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Yes, you can put frozen chicken in the crock pot. It is important to keep in mind that cooking times may be longer than usual because the chicken will need to thaw during the cooking process. It is also important to make sure that all ingredients are cooked for at least an hour on high before being switched to low heat. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165° F before serving.
🌟Try these recipes next...
Get Meal Plans Delivered to You Every Week!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 small apples peeled and chopped
- 4 slices of bacon
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and the chopped apples; set aside.
- Spray the liner of your crock pot with a non-stick spray.
- Meanwhile, prepare your chicken by placing each chicken breast on top of 3 strips of bacon each.
- Wrap the bacon around each chicken breast and place inside the crock pot; seam side down.
- Cover the chicken with the barbecue sauce and apple mixture and cook on low four hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot. Keep covered until you're ready to serve.
- Pour the liquid from the crock pot through a fine mesh sieve to separate the apples from the cooking juices.
- Serve the apples alongside the chicken.
- This recipe can easily feed 4 people depending on how large the chicken breasts are. However, the nutrition reflects 2 servings.
- My crock pot cooks fast, so usually after 3 hours, I check to see if the chicken is done.
- You don't want to over-cook the chicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1208mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 4gSugar: 50gProtein: 46g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2014 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!