The perfect Christmas treats for kids and adults alike are these Pretzel Reindeers! Made with pretzel sticks, melted chocolate and candy eyes and nose, these festive snacks come together quick!
Best of all, they're delicious and sure to put a smile on everyone's face this holiday season.
Check out all the other Reindeer Desserts for even more delicious holiday treats for Santa.
Making reindeer shaped or themed desserts is a fun and festive way to celebrate Christmas. There are so many different ways to make them!
You can make Reindeer Cookies decorating them with icing, chocolate, or candy. Add some pretzels for antlers and voila! You have a cute and tasty reindeer treat.
The possibilities are endless! So get in the Christmas spirit by whipping up a batch of reindeer shaped desserts like these pretzel reindeers. Your friends and family will be sure to love them.
Table of Contents
💭How to make melted chocolate?
To make these easy recipe for pretzel reindeers, we need melted chocolate. Here are two ways that I like to use when melting chocolate:
- Microwave Method: Place the chocolate bark or melting chips in a heat-proof bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in short bursts of 15-30 seconds, stirring between each burst.
- Double Boiler Method: Place the bowl of chocolate over simmering water, making sure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the chocolate has melted, you can use it for dipping, drizzling, or baking.
💭How to clean melted chocolate from bowl?
Any chocoholic knows the frustration of melted chocolate that's cooled and hardened in the bowl. While it may seem like a lost cause, there are a few easy ways to clean up the sticky mess:
- First, fill the bowl with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes. The heat will soften the chocolate, making it easier to remove. If necessary, you can use a rubber spatula to help scrape off the chocolate.
- Next, fill the bowl with cold water and add a generous amount of dish soap. The soap will break up the chocolate and lift it away from the bowl.
- Finally, rinse the bowl with hot water to remove any traces of chocolate and soap.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Melt the Chocolate
- Melt the almond bark or melting chips according the directions on the back of the package.
- Hold two pretzel sticks together and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Allow the excess to drip off.
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper.
Step 2 | Decorate the Pretzel Sticks
- Place a red M&M on the tip of the chocolate end of the pretzel sticks for a nose.
- Then add 2 candy eyeballs just above the red M&M to create the eyes for the reindeers.
Step 3 | Allow to Dry
- All the pretzel reindeers to set before serving.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- These pretzel reindeers are best served and stored on a flat surface.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. If you store them in the refrigerator, the pretzel sticks will get soggy.
- Pretzel reindeers should not be refrigerated.
💭Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the pretzel sticks stay next to each other after they have been dipped in the melted chocolate so they harden together and stick together to form the reindeer body.
- 96 pretzel sticks
- 2 cups chocolate almond bark
- 48 red M&M candy pieces
- 96 candy eyeballs
- Melt the almond bark according to the package directions.
- Hold 2 pretzel sticks together and dip one end into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the pretzels on a lined baking sheet. Make sure the pretzel sticks stay next to each other.
- Place a red M&M on the tip of the chocolate end for the nose.
- Add 2 candy eyes above the M&M to create eyes.
- Allow to set completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Make sure the pretzel sticks stay next to each other after they have been dipped in the melted chocolate so they harden together and stick together to form the reindeer body.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 738mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 4gSugar: 40gProtein: 9g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.