This delicious pumpkin cobbler dessert recipe combines all the wonderful flavors of pumpkin pie but without all the work...and it's made in the crock pot!
With just a few basic ingredients this comforting dish bursts with flavor while being incredibly simple to make. You literally dump the ingredients into the crock pot and press the button to cook!
Put your slow cooker to work and follow these simple steps for delicious pumpkin cobbler that you'll want to make again and again.
Make sure you check out all the pumpkin dessert recipes available for even more ideas.
This pumpkin cobbler made in the crock pot is proof that easy and tasty treats can be crafted when you are short on time.
Plus you don’t have to heat up your entire oven to bake a sinfully delicious dessert! This recipe is perfect for when you're in search of something that's both simple to make and comforting.
This recipe was inspired by my original Pumpkin Crunch Cake that's baked in the oven.
Table of Contents
- Make sure your slow cooker is large enough to fit the cobbler. A slow cooker with a capacity of 4 to 6 quarts should be suitable for this recipe.
- To prevent sticking, you can either grease the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a liner.
- To cook the cobbler, set your slow cooker to low heat and let it cook for 2-4 hours. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on your slow cooker, so check on it after 2 hours.
- The cobbler is ready when the edges turn golden brown and the center is set.
- To determine if the cobbler is fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs, the cobbler is ready!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Crock-Pot 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Timer and Auto Food Warmer Setting, Stainless SteelSilicone Slow Cooker Liners fit Crock-Pot 7-8 Quart Oval Slow Cooker，Reusable & Leakproof Dishwasher Safe Cooking Liner for 7 Quart Crock Pot (1pcs-Grey [Fit 7 to 8 QT][12Reynolds Kitchens Slow Cooker Liners, Regular (Fits 3-8 Quarts), 20 CountSugar Bowls with Lid and Spoons, Pumpkin Shape Ceramic Sugar Bowl with Sugar Spoon and Lid for Home and Kitchen, Elegant Design, orange, 10.5 OZ (300 ML)
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- You can use a spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake mix. Omit the teaspoon of cinnamon that's added to the cake mix, since it's already full of spice!
- Step 1: Combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and a teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Step 2: Mix in the evaporated milk then pour into a large slow cooker that's been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3: Mix the cake mix with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and melted butter.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the cake mixture over the pumpkin mixture.
📌Quick Tip: Add the pecans about halfway through the cooking time so they don't get over cooked.
Crock Pot Cooking Instructions
- Cook the pumpkin cobbler on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Allow the cobbler to completely cool before freezing in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
🔁 Thawing and Reheating Tips
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until warmed through.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice!
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Yes, you'll want to spray it with non-stick cooking spray. The liner will make clean up a breeze!
The biggest mistake to avoid when making a dump cake is to not stir or combine the cake mix with the wet ingredients. Sprinkle the cake mix on and do not stir!
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter.
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 (15-16 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon until well combined.
- Add the evaporated milk and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a large slow cooker (4-6 quarts) that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir in the melted butter (the mixture will be crumbly).
- Sprinkle the cake mixture all over the pumpkin in the slow cooker.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Sprinkle the nuts over the top about halfway through the cooking time, if desired.
- Serve the cobbler warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Make sure you spray the crock pot with non-stick baking spray before adding the ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.