Pumpkin Crunch Cake - All the flavors of Fall are found in this easy to make Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe with a pecan crumb topping. Let me show you how another one of my favorite Pumpkin Dessert Recipes with a crumb topping...doesn't that sound delicious?
Pumpkin Crunch Cake starts with a few simple ingredients to transform a cake mix to an original creation! Warm pumpkin spices and crunchy nuts will keep you coming back for another bite!
This is another one of my Cake Mix Hacks that turns a boxed cake mix into a crumb cake. Every party needs cake, why not make it easy for yourself and try this one!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- 9X13 glass baking dish
- Hand-held mixer - you can definitely mix this all by hand, but I find a mixer faster.
- Measuring cups
- Nut chopper
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- Evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- White sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice - check out my homemade recipe if you don't have this easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe.
- Chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Stick of butter, melted
Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice and sugar. Pour into a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Finally, sprinkle the top evenly with the boxed cake mix.
Pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix and add the chopped pecans. Bake for around 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and the pumpkin filling is set.
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions
Dump cake or a crunch cake is very similar to a fruit cobbler. The cake mix gives you the crunch buttery topping.
The boxes I currently have sitting in my pantry are sized 15.25 ounces.
This cake should be stored in the refrigerator once it has cooled. Covered tightly with plastic wrap, it should store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Like this recipe? Try these other Fall Inspired Recipes:
- Cheesecake Parfaits - made with Cream Cheese too!
- Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes - video too!
- Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread - video too!
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Coat the top evenly with the boxed cake mix, then top with the chopped pecans.
- Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for around 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and the pumpkin filling is set.
- Serve warm or chilled in the fridge with ice cream or any other desired toppings.
This recipe calls for canned pumpkin puree; not pumpkin pie mix.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2018 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!