These Red, White and Blue Patriotic Strawberries dipped in melted white chocolate and coated in blue sanding sugar. They're fun to make for all your summer celebrations. These are not only easy to make, but they come together rather quickly too and you can prepare them in advance.
Make sure you check out all the other 4th of July Foods available here on the site. There's nothing like celebrating a holiday with delicious food!
These red, white and blue patriotic strawberries are the perfect addition to any summer holiday party or celebration. Both kids and adults love them and they will disappear fast!
The strawberries would look great on a plate next to my 4th of July Appetizer Charcuterie board in the shape of an American flag.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Patriotic Recipes? Try my 4th of July Appetizers, July 4th Side Dishes or my Red Velvet 4th of July Cake.
Cute Chocolate Covered Strawberries
I have a few other cute chocolate covered strawberries. You can check out my recipe for Chocolate Covered Heart Shaped Strawberries and my collection of Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
More InformationMore InformationMore Information
Step 1 | How to Wash Strawberries
- Place the strawberries in a collander and wash them thoroughly.
- Dry the strawberries with a paper towel.
- Allow the strawberries to dry completely before attempting to dip them in the melted chocolate.
Step 2 | How to Melt Chocolate
- Place the candy melting chips in a microwave-safe bowl and then place the bowl in the microwave using the low setting. Heat for 30 seconds interval at a time.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate. One of the biggest mistakes people make with using the microwave is, they forget to stir the chocolate after each interval. Chocolate pieces can retain their shape until you stir them.
- If you don't stir, you risk burning the chocolate.
- Return the chocolate back to the microwave and repeat with another 10 to 15 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In just a few minutes you'll have perfectly beautiful melted chocolate for dipping.
Step 2 | How to Dip Strawberries in Melted Chocolate
- Dip the strawberries in the melted white chocolate but only halfway.
Step 3 | Dip Strawberries in Colored Sugar
- Immediately roll in the colored blue sanding sugar.
- Allow the red white and blue patriotic strawberries to dry on parchment paper completely before serving.
- These red white and blue patriotic strawberries would be perfect served alone or as part of a 4th of July Charcuterie Board.
- Place them on a buffet table for dessert or serve as an appetizer for your July 4th Menu Ideas this summer.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- You can vary change the color of the sprinkles and melted chocolate to make these strawberries for other occasions such as birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers or even Christmas and Halloween.
- Instead of using the blue sanding sugar, you could dip the strawberries in patriotic sprinkles.
- Check out my post for How to Melt Chocolate for more tips.
- Refrigerate the strawberries until you are ready to serve.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator as well.
Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them in the melted chocolate. If any water gets in the melted chocolate, it will "seize" and you won't be able to use it at all.
Red, White and Blue Patriotic Strawberries
These Red, White and Blue Patriotic Strawberries dipped in melted white chocolate and coated in blue sanding sugar. They're fun to make for all your summer celebrations.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 package white candy melts, 12 ounce bag
- ¼ - ½ cup blue sanding sugar
- Melt the white candy melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the bottom ⅔ of each strawberry into the melted white chocolate. Rotate the strawberry to help you get a good coverage all around.
- Immediately dip the strawberry into the blue sanding sugar.
- Place the strawberries on a baking sheet that's been lined with either parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and dry before serving.
- Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them in the melted chocolate.
- You can hold them by the leaves and stem while dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Lauren Renee Sparks says
So fun and cute.
Denise/My Home of All Seasons says
These are just adorable! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be making these for the Fourth for sure!