Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes make a delicious side dish. I served them along with grilled skirt steak and cucumber salad. So the meal was pretty light. You can put the tomatoes together the day before and bake them just as the meat is going on the grill.
Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes
- Italian Plum Tomatoes
- 1 – 15 ounce sized container of ricotta cheese
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian spices
- Begin by cutting your tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and lay upside down on a paper towel to drain for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and what ever Italian spices your family enjoys together in a mixing bowl.
- Fill each tomato half with a spoonful of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Crush the sleeve of Ritz crackers.
- Top each tomato with some of the crushed crackers and place the tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Just before cooking, brush the tops of each tomato with olive oil.
- Bake in a 425 preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.