Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese is an easy and delicious side dish recipe to make for dinner tonight. Serve these with grilled chicken, steak or even hamburgers. Roasting is such a versatile way of serving asparagus. Your family is going to love this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese is one of the easiest side dishes you’ll make. It goes great with any protein you are preparing and will make a huge presentation for your family or for guests.
Roasting changes the flavor of asparagus and it actually takes out some of the natural bitterness; which is one reason why some people don’t enjoy this vegetable.
For best results for roasting, you want to use asparagus with thick stalks but you need to trim the asparagus by cutting off the bottom thick pieces. Using thicker asparagus really goes against what most recipes call for when you’re preparing asparagus, but trust me, for roasting, you want the stems to be thicker.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 bunch of asparagus; thick spears are better for roasting.
- 3 tbsp oil – see note
- salt and pepper; to taste
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
HOW SHOULD YOU CUT ASPARAGUS
I like to take the end of one stalk of asparagus and hold it between your thumb and forefinger. Now gently bend it until it breaks.
The asparagus will break just where the woody part ends and the fresh edible part begins.
Then I place the broken one down on a cutting board and use it as a guide to cutting the rest of the bunch.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and cut off the thick ends of the asparagus.
- Lay the asparagus in a row on a sheet pan that is covered with parchment baking sheet.
- Drizzle the asparagus with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper; the more pepper the better!
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the stalks are tender and browned.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
I like to use sea salt or kosher salt when roasting vegetables.
How Long to Bake Asparagus
Ready for more great recipes?
- Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon because everything wrapped in bacon is delicious, right?
- Zucchini Corn Casserole another delicious side dish recipe that goes great with chicken.
- Asparagus and Cheese Puff Pastry Tart
You can drizzle oil on top of the asparagus or you can use the Oil Spritz tool. It's a healthier way to add a light coat of oil to vegetables without all the calories. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
You can drizzle oil on top of the asparagus or you can use the Oil Spritz tool. It's a healthier way to add a light coat of oil to vegetables without all the calories.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.