If you're looking for a new favorite go-to chicken dinner, then this collection of 25 chicken dinner ideas is for you! Chicken is such a versatile ingredient and there's no shortage of creative ways to prepare it for the ultimate chicken meal. Let me show you a few of our Family Favorite Chicken Recipes that are easy to make and delicious!
You're sure to find inspiration from these savory chicken dinner ideas that range from minimal hands-on cooking with a sheet pan and an Instant Pot to set it and forget it slow cooker ideas.
You'll find casseroles, skillet meals and even air fryer recipes that will help you prepare an amazing chicken dinner that will win you rave reviews. From comfort meals to hot and spicy dishes, browse these diverse chicken recipes are perfect to add to your Weekly Meal Plan.
Easy Chicken Dinner Prep-Ahead Tips
- Take the time over the weekend or the night before to get any veggies you plan on using for the meal ready. You can store sliced up vegetables in plastic storage bags or containers.
- When planning your meals in advance, look at the common ingredients in each meal. Then try to prep enough of the same ingredient ahead of time. These ingredients can be stored and divided among the meals accordingly.
- Try roasting a whole chicken over the weekend. You can use the leftovers for meals during the week.
- Or purchase several rotisserie chickens, that meat can be used for several meals. Shredded chicken tacos, chicken tortilla soup, wraps, chicken noodle soup, chicken casseroles can all be made with leftover chicken. The chicken can then be stored in the refrigerator or freezer so that it is easily incorporated into a meal.
- Use your crock pot! You can cook a chicken in your crock pot. And you can also use it to make casseroles, stews and all sorts of tasty meals.
- If you’re pressed for time in the morning, then prepare everything the night before. Add the items to the crock pot in the morning. Set it to cook while you’re away at work. When you come home, your dinner is ready and waiting for you and your family to enjoy.