Tender, juicy moist chicken cutlets in the oven are on the menu tonight! This is an easy chicken cutlets recipe that requires only three ingredients and a few minutes of prep. The end result is delicious, never dry, chicken every single time. Dinner will be ready fast tonight, so let's get ready to eat!
I know I have a lot of chicken cutlet recipes, however, not many recipes are oven-baked. Because the skin and bones are removed, chicken breasts baked in the oven can result in dry, tasteless chicken.
And really, who wants dry chicken for dinner? I know my family doesn't want to eat it and I don't really want to serve it.
Moist chicken cutlets baked in the oven are not only great for dinner, but leftovers can be served for lunch the next day. Try slicing the chicken thin and serving over salad.
Another option is to make quesadillas with homemade flatbread. Add sauteed peppers, onions and the leftover chicken for another delicious meal to make for dinner.
How do I cook chicken breast without drying it out?
- The secret to baking chicken cutlets without drying them out is to make sure the chicken cutlets are not pounded thin like my other thin chicken cutlet recipes.
- Slice the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half lengthwise, but don't pound them.
- Add some fat to the chicken by brushing them with olive oil.
What temperature should you cook boneless chicken breast?
- Bake the chicken at a high temperature. I like to bake them in a preheated 425° oven. This allows the meat to cook quickly and basically not have time to dry out!
- Always check the internal temperature of the chicken. Remove from the oven as soon as they reach 165°.
- Allow the chicken to rest before slicing. If you slice into the chicken as soon as you remove them from the oven, the juices will run all over the cutting board.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Chicken Cutlets - unlike most of my other chicken cutlet recipes, these do not need to be pounded thin.
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning Mix - for this recipe, I used my Rotisserie Spice Rub for this recipe.
Cooking Tip: For detailed instructions on how to slice chicken breasts, check out my post on How to Make Thin Chicken Cutlets.
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
Place the chicken cutlets in a 9X11 casserole dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Brush with the olive oil and then sprinkle the seasoning mix on top.
Step 2: Baking Instructions
Place the chicken in a preheated 425°F oven and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Step 3: Allow the Chicken to Rest
Once you remove the chicken from the oven, cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Allowing the chicken to rest will allow the muscles in the chicken to hold on to the juices and not run all over the cutting board when you slice into them.
What to serve with chicken cutlets?
For this simple recipe, I made pasta with homemade pesto sauce. It was ready fast, just like the chicken.
If it’s summer time and if you have access to fresh tomatoes, I would definitely serve my Fresh Tomato Salad.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Bake the chicken uncovered in a preheated 425° oven.
If you're chicken is always dry, you're overcooking it. Cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Ready for more great recipes?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons homemade chicken spice seasoning mix; see note below
- Place the chicken cutlets in a 9X11 casserole dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Brush with the olive oil and then sprinkle the seasoning mix on top.
- Place the chicken in a preheated 425°F oven and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once you remove the chicken from the oven, cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Get the recipe for Homemade Rotisserie Spice Rub here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 48g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.