These 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies are a fun, easy way to celebrate summer! Using a boxed cake mix as a base for cookies is a quick and convenient way to bake cookies in no time.
Adding red, white and blue sprinkles adds a festive touch making these cookies a fun treat all summer long...not just for the Independence Day holiday.
Check out all the other 4th of July Food ideas for even more delicious recipes.
This recipe works is ready in about 30 minutes and has simple, everyday ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry.
Check out the recipe notes and variations following the step-by-step photos for any possible substitutions or tips on making the recipe your own.
Table of Contents
- Not all cake mixes are suitable for making cookies. Avoid mixes that have added pudding or filling.
- When baking cookies, you can add extra ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to the cake mix to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Always chill the dough before baking to help the cookies hold their shape while baking. They will spread!
- Use parchment paper! This will help the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Remember, all ovens bake differently, so pay attention to them while the cookies are baking. They may be done quicker or take a minute or two longer.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
4th of July Sprinkles Red White and Blue - 1.7 lb - Patriotic Star Sprinkles - Fourth of July Sprinkles - Stars and Stripes Cake SprinklesReynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper,25 Count (Pack of 4), 100 Total Sheets3 Pack Cookie Scoop Set, Small/Medium/Large, Ice Cream Scooper, Cookie Scoops for BakingBaker's Corner Almond Bark Vanilla 24oz (Pack of 02)
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Make red, white, and blue cookies by making Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with either patriotic sprinkles or blue sprinkles.
- Substitute the almond extract for vanilla, orange, or lemon for different flavors!
- Step 1: Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop scoops of dough about 2 inches apart.
📌Quick Tip: Only use the cake mix and follow the mixing and baking directions below in the recipe card, not on the back of the box.
- Step 3: Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 4: Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Step 5: Melt the white chocolate according to the package instructions. Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Immediately add the sprinkles.
- Step 6: Allow the cookies to dry completely on a wire rack or piece of parchment paper.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Once the cookies have set completely, store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Place baked cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet to flash freeze for 30-60 minutes.
- Then transfer to a freezer bag or air-tight container with parchment or wax paper in between each layer to keep them from sticking.
- Stored properly, they'll keep for up to 3 months.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- If the cookie dough is too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes before scooping onto the baking sheet.
- Don't over-bake the cookies.
Parchment Baking Sheets: Ensure your cookies are precisely spaced and bake evenly without sticking or breaking. Pre-cut to 12” x 16” sheets, they make your prep, baking and clean-up a breeze. Use them to roll-out dough, line baking sheets, decorate cookies and even wrap your finished creations for a beautiful gift.
- Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below.
- If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section!
Make them your own with M&Ms, candy pieces, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or sprinkles!
You'll know the cookies are done when the edges are slightly golden brown color. You can also check the cookies by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cookies are done. If there is still raw batter on the toothpick, the cookies need more time in the oven.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for 4th of July Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Patriotic Cake Mix Cookies.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces white melting chocolate
- ½ cup patriotic sprinkles
Bake the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and almond extract.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop scoops of dough on the prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the middle is set and the edges are slightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
Decorate the Cookies:
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip one half of the cooled cookie in the melted white chocolate then immediately add the patriotic sprinkles onto the melted chocolate.
- Lay the cookies flat on parchment paper or a wire rack.
- Allow the white chocolate to set completely.
Substitute almond extract with vanilla, orange, or lemon for a different flavor!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.