French fries are one of the most popular and crave-worthy foods out there. And while they're usually deep-fried in unhealthy oil, air fryer French fries are a healthier alternative that still delivers on taste and texture.
This recipe uses frozen French fries that are fried to perfection in a fraction of the time and without all the extra oil. They're crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, making them irresistible.
Serve them as a side dish or top them with your favorite condiments for a delicious snack or meal.
Check out my list of other Air Fryer Recipes for even more ideas and recipes!
Today I'm going to show you how easy it is to make the perfect side dish for Hamburgers made in the Air Fryer...French fries. Only we're not going to deep fry them. We're going to use the air fryer to make them as well!
Air fryers offer a healthier alternative to deep frying, and they’re much easier to use and clean.
They work by circulating hot air around food, creating a crispy outer layer without the need for excess oil. And since they don’t require a large vat of oil to operate, they’re much less messy than traditional deep fryers.
Table of Contents
- How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer?
- How to Get Crispy Air Fryer Fries?
- Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 📋Main Ingredients Needed
- 🥣Step-by-Step Instructions
- ♨️Baking Instructions
- Top Tip
- 🥣Serving Tips
- Before You Begin!
- 🍶Storage Tips
- How long do you cook frozen French fries in an air fryer?
- 📇Recipe Card
- 💬 Comments
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer?
The key to getting crispy, golden-brown fries is to preheat the air fryer and cook the fries in small batches. For best results, be sure to shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
When the fries are finished cooking, season them with salt and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. For a healthier option, try air-fried sweet potato fries. These can be cooked using the same method as regular French fries, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Sweet potato fries generally take a bit longer to cook than regular potatoes, so keep an eye on them and adjust the time as needed. Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
How to Get Crispy Air Fryer Fries?
- Some people like to toss the potato slices in a light coating of oil. This will help them crisp up in the air fryer. I like to simply spray them with a little non-stick baking spray.
- Always preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes before adding the frozen French fries. This will ensure that your French fries cook evenly.
- Add the frozen French fries to the air fryer basket in a single layer. overcrowding will result in soggy fries. You may have to cook in stages if the basket isn't that big.
- Cook the French fries for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Be sure to shake the basket a few times during cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Air Fryer Accessories Cooking Times CheatUltrean Air Fryer Accessories, Set ofAirware Reusable Air Fryer Liners –Dehydrator Rack Stainless Steel Stand AccessoriesPhilips Kitchen Appliances Grill Master Accessory
📋Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F
- Step 2: Spray the basket with non-stick baking spray...just a little to help the French fries not to stick.
- Step 3: Add the fries to your air fryer basket.
- Step 4: Cook the fries for 10 minutes, pause the machine and pull the basket out.
- Step 5: Shake or toss the fries a couple of times, and continue to cook them for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
Everyone has a different fry preference. So, check your fries as they go through the second stage of cooking to ensure you reach the type of fry you’re looking for. I enjoy mine extra crispy, but not everyone does, so adjust the time to get the fry you prefer.
Serve these French fries with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing. For a heartier meal, serve them with grilled chicken kabobs or an easy grilled cheese sandwich. Serve them alongside a salad or coleslaw for a complete meal.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- If you do have leftovers, store them in an air tight bag or container.
- You can reheat them in the air fryer for 3 - 5 minutes. Do not reheat them in the microwave. They'll be mushy.
How long do you cook frozen French fries in an air fryer?
Cook frozen French fries for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Be sure to shake the basket a few times during cooking to ensure even cooking.
- 1, 20 ounce bag Frozen French Fries
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F
- Spray the basket with non-stick baking spray...just a little to help the French fries not to stick.et
- Add the fries to your air fryer basket.
- Cook the fries for 10 minutes, pause the machine and pull the basket out.
- Shake or toss the fries a couple of times, and continue to cook them for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.