Now that the Fall season is here, let’s talk a little about our favorite Apple Recipes and Desserts. Probably one of the most popular recipes is, of course, apple pie, however, we’re featuring not only sweet dessert recipes, but a few savory recipes.
Isn’t it true that eating an apple is more delicious in the Fall? Maybe it’s because there are so many recipes to choose from, you really can eat an “apple a day” now that the cooler weather is here.
If you’re planning a trip to the apple orchard to go apple picking, make sure you bring home a few bushels so you can enjoy all of these Apple Recipes and Desserts
Traditional Apple Desserts
Let’s take a look at a few traditional apple desserts:
- Homemade Applesauce – recipe for cooking in the crock pot or in the instant pot.
- Apple Crumb Pie or Apple Dutch Pie – combine the inside of an apple pie topped with apple crisp!
- Cheesecake with Apple Caramel Topping
- Apple Crisp – one of the first apple recipes I learned how to bake.
- Puff Pastry Apple Tart – if baking a pie crust scares you, try this tart recipe that uses puff pastry.
Family Favorite Apple Desserts
- Mason Jar Apple Crisp. It’s perfect for dessert buffet tables.
- Another favorite recipe is Apple Dump Cake. Who knew you could take a box of cake mix and add it to apples to create a delicious dessert?
- Apple Caramel Puff Pastry – this is one of my new favorite recipes to bake when company is coming. It looks like it came from a bakery!
- Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake
- Apple Dumplings – one of my family’s favorites!
- Easy Caramel Apple Dump Cake – served in individual ramekins.
Savory Apple Recipes
- Let’s talk savory apple recipes like my recipe for Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken. While the word “apple” isn’t in the title, don’t worry, it’s there! Sliced apples are cooked in the crock pot to give the barbecue sauce a sweet flavor that goes nicely with the chicken.
- Crock Pot Oatmeal cooks overnight with chopped apples for a delicious breakfast.
- Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby – perfect for brunch or an easy dinner recipe.
More Apple Recipes
- Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie from Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake from She Saved
- Apple Crumb Cakes from Kleinworth and Co
- Canning Apple Pie Filling from Little House Living
- Apple Streusel Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Apple Crisp Bars from Our Table for Seven
- Apple Cider Smoothie from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.