This chicken air fryer recipe with potatoes and carrots is a perfect example of how to make crispy chicken without frying. The chicken comes out nice and crispy on the outside, while the potatoes and carrots cook underneath, making for a complete meal that’s healthy and delicious.
If you’re looking for a way to make chicken that’s both crispy and healthy, this recipe is perfect for you! Don't forget to check out all the other Air Fryer Recipes available here on Walking on Sunshine Recipes. I love using our air fryer and know you will too!
Looking for a delicious and healthy chicken air fryer recipe? This crispy chicken is cooked without any frying, and the potatoes and carrots make a delicious and healthy side dish.
To make this dish, simply place the potatoes and carrots in the air fryer basket and then top with the chicken. Cooking the chicken on top of the vegetables will help to keep them moist as they cook, and they will absorb all of the delicious flavors.
This is a healthy and flavorful recipe, and it's sure to be a hit with your family and friends. I hope you try another one of my family favorite chicken recipes. I know you won't be disappointed.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes? Try my Air Fryer Appetizers or my Air Fryer Desserts...yum!
Is Air Fried Chicken Healthier?
Air fryers are all the rage these days—and for good reason! They allow you to cook food without all the oil and fat of traditional frying methods, making for a healthier meal.
Using an air fryer will give you chicken that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, without any of the unhealthy fats that come from frying chicken in oil.
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy chicken recipe, be sure to give this one a try! And if you don't have an air fryer, no worries - this recipe can easily be adapted for use in a conventional oven.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
When you're cooking chicken breast in an air fryer, set the air fryer to 350°F and then cook for approximately 9 minutes. Always, use a digital meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
DASH Tasti-Crisp™ Electric Air Fryer Oven CookerMore InformationAir Fryer Crisper PlateMore InformationAir Fryer Magnetic Cheat SheetMore Information2-Pack Air Fryer Silicone Pots, 8 InchMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Add the carrots and potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add a little of the oil and half of the combined spices. Mix to fully coat the vegetables.
- Add the chicken on top and use the remaining oil and spices to coat.
- Let everything rest for five minutes while you preheat the air fryer to 350°.
- Add the vegetables to the air fryer basket first and then place the chicken on top.
Cooking Tip: Place the chicken breast side down for the first 15 minutes, then flip the chicken for the rest of the baking time.
Step 2 | Baking Time
- Cook for 30 minutes total or until the chicken reaches 165° internal temperature.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Yes, you can definitely put aluminum foil in an air fryer, however, it should only go in the basket and not touch any of the heating elements. Avoid using it when air frying acidic food that will react with aluminum foil.
Make it a Meal
- If you wanted something else to serve with this Chicken Air Fryer Recipes, you could serve a green salad with homemade ranch salad dressing or Italian salad dressing.
- Check out my other recipe for German Cucumber Salad which would be really delicious served alongside air fryed "fried" chicken.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Use the leftovers for lunch served over a tossed green salad.
Top Recipe Tip
- Use a digital meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken.
Chicken Air Fryer Recipe
If you’re looking for a way to make chicken that’s both crispy and healthy, this chicken air fryer recipe is perfect for you!
- 3 golden potatoes, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- ½ yellow onion, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 halved chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and half of the spices. Mix to fully coat.
- Add the half chicken and use the remaining oil and spices to coat.
- Let both the vegetables and chicken sit for 5 minutes until the air fryer is preheated.
- Add the vegetables to the basket of the air fryer first and then place the chicken on top with the breast-side down.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the chicken over and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
If you want the cooking time to be faster, parboil the potatoes and carrots before adding them to the air fryer:
Carrots: Place the carrots in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and allow them to cook for 3 minutes. Then drain.
Potatoes: Place the potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and allow them to cook for about 5 minutes. Then drain.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 803mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Richella J Parham says
This looks so good! I'm on the hunt for air fryer recipes; I've pinned this one for future reference. Thank you!