Chocolate Covered Pretzels make the perfect hostess gift or a special treat to hand out at the end of a celebration at your house this holiday season.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Do you need a last minute gift idea? Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a delicious snack to enjoy but they also make perfect gifts during the holiday season!
They're a very easy snack to make and they just happen to be one of my favorites. You can have a whole tray of these ready in just a few minutes. Package them up in pretty bags and ribbon and you have another fun gift!
These chocolate covered pretzels make the perfect hostess gift or a special treat to hand out at the end of a celebration at your house this holiday season. I made them last year to give to my nieces and nephews along with their gifts.
One year I made quite a few to give out after I hosted a cookie exchange party. Everyone left with a huge collection of cookies from the exchange and they also left with a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. Yummy!
Tips for Making Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- It's really important that you use a sturdy pretzel, which is why I recommend Utz Pretzels.
- I like to use chocolate and white chocolate almond bark, but you can substitute chocolate chip morsels or candy melts.
- Over the years I've purchased a few squeeze bottles to put the melted chocolate in. They help give the perfect drizzle effect!
- Make sure you let the pretzels harden completely on parchment paper. Don't try to use aluminum foil, the pretzels will stick.
- Store in airtight containers before packaging up for friends and family.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Utz Pretzels - my favorite brand to use because they're a sturdy pretzel and won't break when dipping.
- Almond Bark - chocolate for dipping and vanilla for drizzling.
- Plastic Squeeze Bottles
- Parchment Paper
More Christmas Recipes to Give as Gifts
- Mason Jar Hot Chocolate
- Hugs Pretzel Snacks with Printable Gift Tags
- Homemade Granola with Cranberries and Nuts
- 40 Pretzel Rods
- 2 squares White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 24 ounces Chocolate Almond Bark - 1 package
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles
- Place the chocolate almond bark in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted, dip the pretzel rods into the melted chocolate making sure you only dip about ½ to ¾ or the pretzel rod.
- Shake off any excess chocolate before transferring to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Allow the pretzels to slightly cool and harden while you melt the white chocolate almond bark according to package directions.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate almond bark over the pretzel rods creating a fun design.
- Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles or your favorite toppings before the chocolate has a chance to set and dry.
- Let the pretzels harden completely before storing in an airtight container.
You really need to use a sturdy pretzel that won't break as you dip them into the melted chocolate.
I like to use a plastic squeeze bottle to drizzle the white chocolate on top of the chocolate covered pretzels but a spoon works great too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.