Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are the perfect sweet and salty treat to make for Halloween this year. Easy to make at home yet perfect to send to school with the kids for Halloween parties! Grab some pretzel rods, chocolate and fun colored sprinkles and let’s make a yummy snack everyone in the family is going to love.
Chocolate covered pretzel rods are a great treat to make for any holiday. I have recipes for them for Christmas and for Valentine’s Day. So it makes only sense for me to add a recipe for Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods, right?
Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 8 pretzel rods
- 6 ounces White Candy Melts
- 2 ounces Orange Candy Melts
- Autumn (brown orange and yellow) Sprinkles
- Wax paper
- (optional) squeeze bottle
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Utz Pretzels – you need to use a sturdy pretzel and
- Orange Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle
How to Make Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Lay wax paper on counter or a tray.
- Place White Candy Melts in a coffee mug and melt according to package directions.
- Dip pretzel rods into melted white candy. Tilt the mug or use a spoon to cover more areas if desired. Lay on wax paper.
- Melt Orange Candy Melts according to package directions. If desired, pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Pipe orange candy onto pretzels using the squeeze bottle or a spoon, using a back and forth motion from the tip to where the white candy ends.
- Put sprinkles onto dipped pretzel rods.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour to set.
Tips for Making Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- It’s really important that you use a sturdy pretzel, which is why I recommend Utz Pretzels.
- If you can’t find the candy melts, you can substitute almond bark or even white chocolate chip morsels.
- Over the years I’ve purchased a few squeeze bottles to put the melted chocolate in. They help give the perfect drizzle effect!
- Add the sprinkles immediately after dipping the pretzel rods into the chocolate. You need the sprinkles to adhere to the melted chocolate before it hardens and dries.
- Make sure you let the pretzels harden completely on parchment paper. Don’t try to use aluminum foil, the pretzels will stick.
How to Package Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
If you’re going to give these chocolate covered pretzel rods as gifts, you should use cellophane bags that you can easily put the pretzel rods in without breaking them.
It’s also nice to add a fun note or even these cute Halloween Gift Tags I shared with everyone here on the site last year. You can print these out and personalize them for classroom parties or to hand out to neighborhood friends.
How to Store chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- It’s best to store the chocolate covered pretzel rods in the refrigerator. If they’re left on the counter and it’s a warm day, the chocolate can start to melt or soften from the heat of your house.
- The pretzels may also go stale if you leave them out on the counter for too long. That being said, you should store them in airtight containers.
- Pretzels stored in airtight containers can last up to two weeks.
- I don’t recommend freezing chocolate covered pretzels. The moisture created in the freezer might by absorbed into the pretzels. This access moisture could cause the pretzels to taste stale when you defrost them.
A Few More Cute and Fun Halloween Recipes:
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies with Googly Eyes
- Halloween Cookies with Colorful Candy Pieces
- Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies
- 12 Cute Halloween Brownie Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.