Healthy Crock Pot Meals are featured as part of our Weekly Meal Plan. Together with printable menus available for you to customize for your family’s dinner, you can use these recipes to inspire your meal planning this week.
The start of the new week is always exciting. And what better way to start the week than with planning out what you're going to be making for dinner every night for your family.
I really do think the slow cooker is the perfect kitchen appliance to help create my meal plan. It really does take a lot of last minute work out of the meal when you come home at the end of the day and dinner is almost ready to go.
Most of the time when I have a meal cooked in the crock pot I just need to add a simple salad or steam our favorite vegetables. And if your family is like mine, they don’t like having the same recipe over and over again.
I think you’re going to enjoy trying these healthy crock pot meals this week. There are more crock pot meal plans and recipes available here on the blog as well. So take some time and look around!
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday - Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
- Monday - Shredded Chicken - use for any other recipe that calls for shredded chicken or make chicken salad sandwiches tonight. Monterey Chicken and Pasta is a yummy recipe that uses shredded chicken and it's ready in under 30 minutes.
- Tuesday - Barbabcoa Beef Tacos - from The Roasted Root.
- Wednesday - Zucchini Chicken Meatballs - from Eat the Gains.
- Thursday - Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs and Marinara Sauce. I love using my crock pot to cook meatballs. They come out so tender.
- Friday - Healthier Slow Cooked Baked Ziti from Kristine's Kitchen.
- Saturday - Homemade Pizza made using Homemade Marinara Sauce in the Slow Cooker.
- Sunday - Pot Roast - the perfect comfort food made in a slow cooker!
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.