Marble Bundt Cake – Vanilla and Chocolate perfectly combined in a fun bundt pan and it all starts out with a cake mix. Let me show you how easy it is to take a boxed cake mix and turn it into a delicious dessert for your family. Then make sure you check out my Cake Mix Baking Secrets and Printable for more great cake mix ideas.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Easy Cake Mix Recipe
We all love easy recipes and need easy recipes in our recipe box. Especially if we bake for school or church functions. This marble bundt cake recipe is perfect for those times you need to make a cake fast.
It’s also a delicious recipe that you can definitely serve for family and friends and make even more elegant by decorating it with powdered sugar and fresh fruit. Sliced strawberries always look pretty around the rim of the plate with this cake. Add a sprig of mint too.
This recipe starts out with a boxed cake mix and the end result is delicious! When our son was on the football team, I was always looking for easy dessert recipes to bring for team dinners or to the snack bar for the Friday night games.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
Combine the cake mix, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, vegetable oil, sugar and water in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer. Beat on high for 5 minutes or until everything is combined. Set aside while you melt the chocolate.
How to Melt the Chocolate
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 – 30 second intervals. Stir and repeat the chocolate is melted. Remove 1/3 of the cake batter and stir it into the melted chocolate mixing well.
Spread half of the yellow cake mix batter into the Bundt Pan that has been sprayed well with Non-Stick Cooking Spray with Flour. Then spread the chocolate batter on top followed by the remaining yellow cake batter.
Using a butter knife, swirl the batters together to create the “marbled” look.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
More Easy Cake Mix Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
- Four Different Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 - 30 second intervals. Stir and repeat the chocolate is melted.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, vegetable oil, sugar and water in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer. Beat on high for 5 minutes or until everything is combined.
- Remove 1/3 of the cake batter and stir it into the melted chocolate mixing well.
- Spread half of the yellow cake mix batter into the cake pan that has been sprayed well with cooking spray. Then spread the chocolate batter on top followed by the remaining yellow cake batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the batters together to create the "marbled" look.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar after the cake has cooled. If you dust with powdered sugar while the cake is warm, the sugar will melt into the cake and you won't be able to see it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.