Spring is here and there's no better way to show your excitement than with these Easter mini bundt cakes! Transform a basic boxed cake mix into festive treats for the whole family.
Not only will these delicious little cakes fill up the dessert table, but they are so easy to make that even the kids can join in on the fun.
These mini cakes are perfect for Easter, Mother's Day or as a sweet treat for your family.
Check out all the other Easter Desserts for even more delicious recipes.
These mini bundt cakes use a cake mix and can be made for any occasion. However, I think they're perfect for Easter.
Are you ready to wow your family and friends this Easter with beautiful mini bundt cakes from cake mix? These mini cakes will look great on a dessert buffet table after the holiday meal.
Check out my other Cake Mix Baking Secrets and grab the free printable with tips on creating delicious, easy desserts using a box of cake mix.
Looking for more Easy Desserts to serve for the Easter holiday? Try my Easter Bunny Cupcakes, Spring Sugar Cookies or my Easter Bundt Cake...yum!
Table of Contents
Mini Bundt Cake Decorating Ideas
- There are so many ways you can decorate these adorable mini cakes. I decided to use Easter Milk Chocolate Eggs to top the mini bundt cakes.
- However, you could use other types of traditional chocolate candy pieces, or even colorful sprinkles would look great on top of the cakes.
- Jelly Beans or Marshmallow Peeps would work too.
Brach's Classic Jelly Bird EggsPastel Confetti Sprinkles - Easter Sprinkle ConfettiM&M'S Easter Milk Chocolate CandyMarshmallow Peeps Easter Bunnies
How Many Mini Bundt Cakes does a Cake Mix Make?
- I've used this mini bundt pan a few times and it's proven to work really well. It washes well in the dishwasher as long as you first rinse it with warm water.
- Using a bundt pan like this with a cake mix should give you 24 cakes.
- I like to use cooking spray with flour when I bake with a fancy pan. It really helps with not having the baked good stick to the pan.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Non-Stick Mini Fluted Tube Pan, 12-CavityStainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Vanilla Cake Mix - 15.25 ounce size; plus all the ingredients listed on the back of the cake mix.
- 1 container of icing - 16 ounce size. I chose a cream cheese flavor. I had a little extra vibrant purple icing leftover that I also used to decorate the cakes.
- Mini chocolate candy eggs or colorful sprinkles to decorate. You'll need about 48 chocolate eggs.
- Shredded coconut - I chose to toast the coconut, but, again, that's up to you.
Step 1 | Prepare the Cake Batter
- Prepare the batter according to the directions on the back of the box.
Step 2| Fill the Mini Bundt Cake Pan
- Next, using a cookie scoop, fill the wells of the pan that have been sprayed with either non-stick cooking spray or cooking spray with flour.
Step 3: Baking Instructions
- Bake the Easter mini bundt cakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 -15 minutes.
- You need to check them frequently to make sure they don't over-bake.
- My mini cakes were done in 10 minutes.
Step 4: Trim the Cakes
- Here's the trick to getting these mini bundt cakes to lay flat.
- Take a serrated knife and trim the bubble part off of the cake.
- Consider that your "treat" as you decorate the cakes!
Step 5 | Add the Frosting
- Warm the icing up in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. However, be careful! If you keep the icing in the microwave for too long, you'll have a liquid mess on your hands.
Step 6 | Decorate the Cakes
- Add the coconut...either toasted or plain.
Step 7 | Add the Candy Pieces
- Then add the chocolate candy eggs.
📌Quick Tip: If you find that the chocolate candy eggs aren't sticking, you can add a little of the icing to the bottom of a candy egg and then gently hold it in place on top of the mini bundt cake.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
💭 Recipe Tips
- An easy tip for using store-bought icing, is to warm the icing up in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. However, be careful! If you keep the icing in the microwave for too long, you'll have a liquid mess on your hands.
- You could use a spoon to drizzle the icing on, but I love using my chocolate drizzler tool.
- Once the icing is on top of the cakes, then sprinkle the toasted coconut followed by the chocolate candy eggs.
- Follow these tips for How to Toast Coconut from The Pioneer Woman.
- Store the mini bundt cakes in air tight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days since it has cream cheese icing.
Air-Tight Storage Containers: these air-tight storage containers that help keep food fresh for longer. Use them to store fresh baked goods, cookies, fruit and vegetables, left overs, and more. The silicone lids lock to close to ensure an air tight seal. The stackable, multi-size design makes these containers easy to store. They're perfectly sized for the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs
- Easter Egg Fruit Pizza
- Shortcut Italian Easter Bread Rings
- Marshmallow Bunny Peeps Pudding Cups
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Peeps
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Easter Mini Bundt Cakes from a Cake Mix
Delicious vanilla cakes topped with colorful icing, toasted coconut and candy pieces. These mini cakes are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or as a sweet treat for your family.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix - 15.25 ounce; plus the ingredients on the back of the box.
- Cream Cheese Icing - 16 ounce size container
- 48 Mini chocolate candy eggs
- ½ cup Shredded coconut
How to Prepare the Mini Bundt Cakes:
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Divide the batter evenly and pour into the mini bundt pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Checking frequently to make sure you don't overcook the cakes! My mini cakes were done in 10 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for about 5 minutes or so before removing from the pan. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
How to Decorate the Mini Bundt Cakes:
- Place half the cream cheese icing in a microwavable safe bowl and heat for 10 seconds. You do not want the icing to be too melted, so be careful not to over-melt.
- Drizzle the icing over the mini bundt cakes.
- Add the coconut to the top of the mini bundt cakes right away.
- Add the mini chocolate eggs to the top of the cakes. You may need to dip the bottom of the eggs in the icing to act as a glue so they stay on top and don't fall off.
- You will not use all the icing.
- I chose to toast the coconut for my mini bundt cakes following the How to Toast Coconut tutorial from The Pioneer Woman.
- Store the cakes in an air tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
Such a fun recipe and I'm sure very delicious too! Makes me want to order a mini pan just to make them and many more. Thanks so much for sharing. #HomeMattersParty
Those look delicious! Isn't funny how much cuter (and sweeter!) things tend to look in miniature form? Pinned