Recipes using Pantry Staples are featured as part of our Weekly Meal Plan. Together with printable menus available for you to customize for your family's dinner, you can use these recipes to inspire your meal planning this week. Make sure you check out 10 Essentials Pantry Items and Freezer Meal Planning Tips to further help you customize your family’s dinner. Let’s talk about this week’s meal plan!
Sometimes we need to prepare dinner with what we have on hand in our pantry or freezer. Maybe getting to the grocery store is difficult because of bad weather, health reasons or even budget concerns.
This week's meal plan is full of recipes using pantry staples. I hope to ease the burden of trying to figure out what's for dinner every night this week with easy recipes you can prepare without a trip to the grocery store.
That's right...we're cooking with what we have on hand in our pantries and freezers! I guarantee you, that even when you think you have nothing to cook for dinner, you'll be able to put together a delicious meal for your family with these recipes using pantry staples!
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday - Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
- Monday - Potato and Corn Chowder
- Tuesday - Mexican Cornbread filled with Ground Beef
- Wednesday - Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Skillet Meal
- Thursday - Crock Pot Spaghetti
- Friday - Italian Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Crotons
- Saturday - Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce with Homemade Pizza Dough - this recipe includes easy freezing tips!
- Sunday - Pesto Chicken Bake - made with canned chicken and bacon!
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Great Meal Planning Ideas
Weekly Meal Plan Printables Available
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.