Christmas is a time for giving, and there's nothing more thoughtful than a homemade gift. If you're looking for something unique and delicious, why not give my Waffle Mix in a Jar recipe?
This tasty treat is sure to please any waffle lover on your list. It's easy to whip up with just a few simple ingredients. Plus, it's a gift that keeps on giving - they can enjoy fresh waffles all winter long!
Check out all the other Mason Jar Gift Ideas for even more delicious recipes to give as gifts this holiday season.
If you're looking for a holiday present that's sure to please, give the gift of homemade waffle mix this Christmas. This is the perfect gift for the foodie in your life!
Not only is it unique and thoughtful, but it's also something that they can enjoy all year long. Your friends can use the dry mix for their Christmas Morning Breakfast or brunch.
This recipe was inspired by my Bulk Pancake Mix and my Christmas Pancake Mix in a Jar.
Looking for more ideas on gifts to make for the holidays? Check out my new Mason Jar Gift Ideas eBook!
Table of Contents
Looking for more Mason Jar Mix Recipes? Try my Brownie Mix in a Jar, Mason Jar Hot Chocolate or my Bulk Pancake Mix.
💭Homemade mason jar gifts
Giving a homemade dry mix in a mason jar is a great way to show someone you care this holiday season. They are thoughtful, personal, and practical- all things that your loved ones are sure to appreciate.
Not to mention, they are also relatively easy and inexpensive to make. Simply choose your favorite dry mix recipe, gather up some mason jars, and get to work!
Once you've assembled all of your ingredients, simply mix them together and pour into a Mason jar. Be sure to include a festive label with some cooking instructions, and your gift is complete!
💭Can you freeze waffles?
Most people are familiar with frozen waffles that you purchase in the grocery store, which can be a quick and easy option for breakfast or a snack.
But what about homemade waffles? Can you freeze them to enjoy later? The answer is yes! Homemade waffles can be frozen and reheated, although there may be some slight loss of quality.
💭Best way to freeze waffles?
- To freeze homemade waffles, simply place them on a baking sheet in the freezer and allow them to freeze solid.
- Once frozen, you can transfer the waffles to a freezer bag or container.
- When you're ready to eat the waffles, simply pop them in the toaster or microwave to reheat.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Measure and add all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend the ingredients.
- Using a wide mouth funnel, pour the waffle mix into a clean dry mason jar.
- Seal with a lid.
Step 2 | Add the FREE Gift Tags
- Print out the free gift tags.
- Cut them out and punch a hole in the corner.
Step 3 | Attach with ribbon
- Use a ribbon to attach the label to the mason jar.
How to make homemade waffles
- When your gift recipient is ready to make waffles for breakfast, all they need to do is add the wet ingredients listed on the gift tag and then follow the directions listed as well on the gift tag.
- Cook the waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions on the waffle iron.
- 2 cups of waffle mix will give you roughly 8 waffles.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🍽Make it a Meal
- For a holiday brunch, you can also serve waffles with a Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Sausage.
- We always love homemade cinnamon rolls for the holidays!
- Check out all my Christmas Breakfast Recipes to help you create the perfect Christmas morning brunch for your family.
- You could add a small mason jar filled with fun stir-in's like chocolate chips, red and green M&Ms for Christmas.
- Check out my other recipe for Christmas Pancake Mix in a Jar.
- The jars should last up to 6 months if stored in a cool, dark place.
- You could even prep the jars a few weeks ahead of time before you want to give them as gifts. Although the layers might start to settle down on top of each other and not look as pretty.
💭Top Recipe Tip
- Use a wide mouth funnel to help you get everything in the mason jars without making a mess.
💭How to Print the Labels
Once you download the gift tags, you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own Pancake Mix as a Gift or just to use for your own kitchen.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags. Regular printer paper will be fine for the baking instructions.
- Cut out the gift tags and attach them using using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
Waffle Mix in a Jar
Waffle Mix in a Jar is the perfect gift this holiday season. FREE printable gift tags. Only a few ingredients needed for a fun gift!
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Measure and add all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend ingredients.
- Pour the waffle mix into a clean, dry mason jar.
- Seal with a lid and add a label with a ribbon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Just wondering how to get the labels?
HI Carolyn, fill out this form so I have your email address to send you the labels: https://crafty-pioneer-9893.ck.page/2bdb589895
Chris Cox says
where is the recipe gift tag for me to download
Once you fill in your email information, the pdf printable will be sent to you!
Is the recipe card correct? A full cup of oil in the waffle mix in a jar recipe?
You're right! A huge typo has been corrected!!! Let me know if you need me to send you the gift tags again. Thank you!
Laura Lee says
Would you please resend the corrected gift tag? It is so adorable, I want to try it.
Please check your email!!! Thank you Laura!