Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes - creamy potatoes stuffed with bacon, cheese and sour cream. These potatoes would even make a great Air Fryer Appetizer if you're serving for a crowd. Let me show you how easy this family-favorite side dish recipe is to make.
They're great to make for large family parties because you can easily prep them ahead and easily reheat. They taste just like my original Twice Baked Potatoes recipe only these are ready in under an hour using an air fryer.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Air Fryer - this is the basket type air fryer I own and love. Clean up is easy too!
- Air Fryer Silicone Liner Mats
- Box Grater
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Russet potatoes
- Seasoning mix - for this recipe, I used my House Seasoning Recipe but your favorite would work great too.
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese.
Cooking Tip: Depending on the size of the potatoes they could be ready in 40 to 60 minutes.
Step 1: Bake the Potatoes
Wash the potatoes and using a fork, puncture holes around each potato. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket leaving room. Do not stack or overcrowd the potatoes.
Cook on 400°F for 20 minutes three times, rotating the potatoes after each 20 minute cycle.
Step 2: Prepare the Potato Mixture
Once the potatoes are completely cooked, remove them from the air fryer and then slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides.
Add the insides of the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add the heavy cream, sour cream, seasoning mix and half of the grated cheddar cheese. Add the mixture back to the hollowed-out potatoes and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Place the potatoes back in the air fryer on 350°F for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 3: Serving Tips
Top with your favorite toppings such as cooked chopped bacon, extra sour cream or chives.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You can reheat pre-cooked twice baked potatoes using either your air fryer or traditional oven.
Once the potatoes have been stuffed, place them on a baking tray that's been lined with aluminum foil. Place the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from the tray and place in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. When you're ready to serve the defrosted potatoes, top them with the shredded cheese and reheat in either the air fryer or traditional oven until warm and heated through.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Air Fryer Recipes?
- Air Fryer Wontons
- Mini Ravioli Recipe
- Air Fryer Meal Plan - a full week of recipes all made in the air fryer.
- BBQ Chicken Bites - wrapped in bacon.
- Air Fryer Pizza Monkey Bread
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend; see note below
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash the potatoes and using a fork, puncture holes around the whole potato.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket leaving room. Do not overcrowd the potatoes.
- Cook on 400°F for 20 minutes three times, rotating after each 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the air fryer basket and place on a cutting board.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the inside.
- Place the insides of the potatoes in a small mixing bowl and add the half and half, butter, sour cream, seasoning mix and half of the greated cheddar cheese.
- Add the mixture back to the hollowed-out potatoes.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese and bake in the air fryer on 350°F for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cooked chopped bacon, extra sour cream, cheddar cheese or chives.
You can use the recipe for my House Seasoning Blend or use your favorite seasoning mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.