You won't believe how delicious this 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread recipe is until you try it. Really, it's that good! Let me show a recipe for easy pumpkin bread with cake mix that only uses two ingredients.
This is just another one of my favorite easy pumpkin desserts that I enjoy making for my family.
Not only does this recipe have only 2 ingredients, there's no eggs, milk or butter! The easy pumpkin bread with cake mix comes together fast too. It's ready to be placed in the oven in 5 minutes. Hey, my oven doesn't even preheat that fast!
Make sure you check out my recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Bread if you're looking for a recipe that doesn't start out with a cake mix.
Table of Contents
- 💭Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
- 💭How to use cake mix for easy desserts
- 💭What if I can't find a box of Spice Cake Mix?
- Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Main Ingredients Needed
- Step-by-Step Directions
- 💭Pumpkin Bread Internal Temperature
- 💭Cooling Tips
- 💭Storing Tips
- FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
- Ready for More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes?
- 💬 Comments
💭Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
You know it's Fall when the smell of pumpkin begins filling the house! Either by way of baking or by way of a candle...well at least in our house. I love the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon. This recipe for 2 ingredient pumpkin bread is very similar to my recipes for Pumpkin Spice Donuts or Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread recipe.
Both recipes start out with a box of spice cake mix and a can of pure pumpkin making them incredibly easy. I often wonder why we only enjoy pumpkin recipes during the Fall? Maybe that's why we love these flavors so much is because we only enjoy them for a few weeks every year?
💭How to use cake mix for easy desserts
Cake mixes are a convenient way to bake a variety of desserts with minimal effort. However, they can also be used as a base for more creative recipes.
For example, a chocolate cake mix can be transformed into chocolate-dipped strawberries or a flourless chocolate cake. A vanilla cake mix can be made into cookies or cupcakes with a variety of frostings.
A spice cake mix can be used to not only make this 2 ingredient pumpkin bread recipe but also to make a quick and easy apple crisp. The possibilities are endless. With a little creativity, cake mixes can be used to make a wide variety of delicious desserts.
💭What if I can't find a box of Spice Cake Mix?
If you can't find a spice cake mix in the grocery store, you can turn a vanilla or white cake mix into a spice cake mix by adding the following:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Spice Cake Mix
- Canned pumpkin; not pumpkin pie filling
As you can see from this photo below, I only had a large can of pure pumpkin in my pantry, which is way too much pumpkin for this one recipe. But not to worry! I plan on making Pumpkin Pancakes with the leftover this weekend.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- This recipe comes together FAST. Not only is it fast, but you don't even need to use a stand mixer.
- That's right, just put the ingredients in a large bowl and grab a wooden spoon to combine everything.
- Within just a few minutes of stirring, the batter came together perfectly.
Step 2 | Prepare the Loaf Pan for Baking
- I love using Parchment Baking Cookie Sheets to line the loaf pan. It makess it really easy to lift the bread out of the pan after it has baked.
- I also find that using clips or even old clothespins helps to keep the parchment paper in place while you're filling the loaf pan with the batter.
- Make sure you remove the clips before adding the loaf pan in the oven!
Step 3 | Baking Instructions
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
💭Pumpkin Bread Internal Temperature
- You can easily tell when pumpkin bread is baked completely by checking the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer. It should read anywhere between 195° and 205° F.
- Always use a timer when baking. And set it for 3 to 5 minutes under the recommended baking time. Why? Because all ovens are different.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread. If the toothpick comes out clean or with only a few crumbs clinging to it, it's safe to remove the bread from the oven to a cooling rack.
- Another way that I like to use is to lightly touch the center of the bread. If the bread feels springy, it's done. If you notice that your finger made an indentation in the center of the bread that is remaining, let the bread bake for a few more minutes.
- The final way is by looking at the edges of the loaf pan. If you notice the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan, the bread is done. You can actually see the sides pulling away from the pan in the photo above. That told me the bread was baked perfectly!
Look how EASY the pumpkin bread lifts out of the loaf pan with the use of the parchment paper!
Allow the pumpkin bread with cake mix to cool on a baking rack for a few minutes before slicing and enjoying. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving!
- If you have leftovers and that's a big IF, you can store the bread in an airtight container.
- You can leave it at room temperature for a few days but I like to store all baked goods in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze the bread as well. Wrap it tightly first in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. It will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Pumpkin puree is just as the can says, it’s cooked, pureed pumpkin. Nothing has been added to it. On the other hand pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices such as cinnamon, clove, allspice and ginger. There’s also sugar added to pumpkin pie mix. It’s an easy way to make pumpkin recipes with all the spices and sugar added.
As you can see from my post, I had to use a larger can of pumpkin puree. It stores great in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also store it in ice cube trays in the freezer and then pop the frozen pumpkin puree out of the trays and store in a freezer safe baggie or container for up to 6 months.
Ready for More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes?
- Pancake Mix Pumpkin Pancakes
- Let's try Pumpkin Mousse - made with Homemade Maple Syrup Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cups - also starts out with a cake mix!
- My favorite are these Pumpkin Pie Treats.
Unlock this recipe by creating an account with GROW! It's easy and allows you to SAVE the recipes you love from my site into your own personalized account. What is Grow? It's another way for you to save the recipes you want to try from all your favorite food bloggers.
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 2 cups pure canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 ¼ X 5 ¼ loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the Spice Cake Mix and the 2 cups of canned pumpkin.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until well blended.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Add the bread batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar.
You can stir in mini chocolate chips into the batter or chopped pecans!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.