Chicken Cutlet Parmesan with Spaghetti - crispy, oven baked chicken with marinara sauce and two different cheeses. This sheet pan recipe is ready in 30 minutes making it another favorite chicken cutlet recipe. Serve this recipe with lightly buttered spaghetti and a side salad. Let's talk about dinner tonight...you know it's going to be delicious!
I love adding chicken cutlet recipes to my family's weekly meal plan. Because the chicken is thin, the recipes always cook fast. Most are ready to serve in 30 minutes.
Sheet pan recipes are popular because cleanup is also easy. After you make this chicken cutlet Parmesan with spaghetti recipe, you'll realize there's only one pan to clean up at the end of the night, you'll be looking for a few more one pan meals to cook:
- One Pan Chicken and Potatoes
- 20 Different Sheet Pan Chicken Meals
- 30 Minute Caprese Chicken - not made on a sheet pan, but in a cast iron skillet.
Side Dishes to Serve
I happen to think spaghetti is the perfect side dish for this Chicken Cutlet Parmesan Recipe but here are a few other ideas:
- My children love this easy recipe for Homemade Mac and Cheese as a side dish with any chicken cutlet recipe.
- Twice Baked Potatoes is another family favorite!
- Roasted Asparagus or a side salad are great vegetables.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts; pounded thin
- Marinara sauce - you can use your favorite store bought brand or try my homemade marinara sauce.
- Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic powder
Cooking Tip: Lay a piece of parchment paper down on the cutting board for easy cleanup.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: How to make Thin Chicken Cutlets
The first step in making this recipe is to make the chicken cutlets thin. Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a cutting board that’s been lined with parchment paper.
Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast down the side lengthwise cutting all the way through until you have thin chicken cutlets.
I started with two chicken breasts and now I have four thin chicken cutlets. If the chicken cutlets are not thin enough, you can make them thinner using a meat mallet.
Step 2: Bread the Chicken
Add the garlic powder and freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the seasoned breadcrumbs. Then dip the chicken in the beaten eggs and then in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Step 3: Prep the Baking Tray
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then place the prepared seasoned breasts on top. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400° degree oven or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Step 4: Add the Marinara Sauce and Cheese
Pull the baking tray out of the oven and flip the chicken. Spread the marinara sauce on top of each chicken cutlet followed by the mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Melt the Cheese
Turn on the broiler. Return the baking tray back to the oven and cook for an addition 2 - 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS:
If you find that the breadcrumb mixture is not sticking to the chicken, try to gently press it into the chicken.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Chicken Cutlet Recipes:
- Top Family Favorite Chicken Recipes as well as a top Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Recipes favorites that are great additions to your family’s weekly meal plan.
- Hasselback Chicken – the original tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese chicken favorite.
- Chicken Parmesan is another recipe we frequently enjoy for dinner.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice both chicken breasts down the side lengthwise cutting all the way through until until you have 4 thin chicken cutlets.
- Cover the chicken with a piece of waxed paper and using the back of a mallet, pound them to about ¼ inch thin.
- In one shallow dish, mix together the seasoned breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the two eggs.
- Dip each chicken cutlet in the beaten eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken cutlets on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush each chicken cutlet with the vegetable oil.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the tray from the oven and flip the chicken.
- Spread a few tablespoons of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken followed by the mozzarella cheese. Turn on the broiler and place the baking tray back in the oven. Allow the chicken to broil for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with lightly buttered spaghetti on the side.
If you find the breadcrumb mixture is not adhering to the chicken cutlets, you can gently press the mixture into the chicken to help everything stick.