Caramel Apple Dump Cake is the perfect individual serving of warm apples topped with a crumb topping to serve to your family and friends. This recipe is another Cake Mix Recipe Hacks that can be found here on the site. Let me show you how to make the easiest Fall dessert.
If you've been a follower of my blog for awhile, you'll know that I enjoy easy recipes...especially easy desserts that start out with a cake mix.
What's really nice about this recipe is that you make it in individual ramekins. How cute does this mini caramel apple dump cake look?
You would never guess that these elegant ramekins of caramel and apple are so easy to make, but it really is just as effortless as putting (okay - dumping) all your ingredients together in a bowl.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Caramel Bits - they're caramel candies that are unwrapped to make them easy to use for baking.
- Ramekins - make sure you're using an oven-safe/proof bowls when making this recipe.
The recipe calls for Caramel Bits which you can find on Amazon if your local grocery store doesn't carry them. You can also use traditional caramel candies, but you'll have to unwrap each piece to use in the recipe.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Apple pie filling
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups caramel bits
- 1 box yellow cake mix; 15.25 ounce size
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter
- Caramel sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Step 1: Combine the Ingredients
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of ramekins or single serving baking dishes and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg. Divide among the ramekins and smooth with a spatula.
Step 2: Add the Cake Mix
Sprinkle with caramel bits and top with yellow cake mix.Smooth cake mix into an even layer. Cut butter into thin slices and layer a slice in each ramekin on top of the cake mix.
Baking Tip: If you're making this recipe for company, prepare the mini caramel apple dump cake early in the day and put them in the oven as you sit down to eat the main meal. Can you imagine the amazing smell that will fill your house? Your guests won't be able to wait for dessert!
Step 3: Baking Directions
Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling. Let cool slightly before serving with a scoop of ice cream or freshly made whipped cream.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions
It's called a dump cake because you literally dump all the ingredients in the baking dish and then bake.
I would not freeze a dump cake as the consistency will be mushy when you defrost the cake.
Like this recipe? Try these other cake mix recipe hacks:
- Peach Crunch Cake
- Apple Dump Cake - one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake - with video
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake - with video
- 2 cans apple pie filling; 20 oz can size
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups caramel bits
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the inside of ramekins or single serving baking dishes and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Divide among the ramekins and smooth with a spatula
- Sprinkle with caramel bits and top with yellow cake mix.
- Smooth cake mix into an even layer. Cut butter into thin slices and layer a slice in each ramekin on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling.
- Let cool slightly before serving with a scoop of ice cream or freshly made whipped cream.
Top the mini cakes with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.