Blueberry Crunch Cake or Blueberry Dump Cake another “cake mix hack” recipe that uses a box of vanilla cake mix to create a crumb topping for fruit pie filling. Your whole family is going to love this easy, simple dessert. They'll be requesting it over and over again.
Easy Cake Mix Recipe
Did you know that you could use a box of vanilla or yellow cake mix as a crumb topping? This recipe for Blueberry Crunch Cake is just one of the dump cake recipes I have on this site that uses a boxed cake mix as crumb topping.
What Exactly is a Dump Cake?
- A dump cake or a crunch cake is very similar to a fruit cobbler.
- As a result, the cake mix gives you the crunch buttery topping.
- You basically do just like the title says and you dump the ingredients into a baking dish and then top it off with the cake mix.
- For the most part, you can use any canned fruit you like.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Pyrex Glass Baking Dish - 9X13 size or you could use an aluminum baking pan like I did for this recipe. Helps with cleanup!
- Measuring cups
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Blueberry Pie Filling - you can easily use cherry, apple or even peach pie filling if your family doesn't care for blueberries.
- Crushed Pineapple or Pineapple Chunks
- Cake mix - I use vanilla cake mix, but white cake mix works too!
- Brown Sugar
- Nuts - you'll need about ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans; optional for the topping.
Step 1: Add the Pie Filling
Begin by emptying the blueberry pie filling into a 13 X 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick baking spray. Add the cans of pineapple chunks and mix with the blueberry pie filling.
Step 2: Add the Cake Mix
Sprinkle the cake mix on top. Add the butter that has been cut into pieces. Then add the brown sugar, followed by the chopped pecans.
Step 3: Baking Instructions
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until the top is golden brown.
Step 4: Serving Tips
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Like this recipe? Try these other easy Cake Mix Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
- Four Different Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- Peach Crunch Cake
- 1 can 21 ounces, blueberry pie filling
- 2 cans crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks; 8 ounce size each
- 1 package yellow cake mix; 15.25 ounce size
- 1 stick butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans; optional
- Begin by emptying the blueberry pie filling,into a 13 X 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Add the cans of crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks and mix with the blueberry pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top.
- Add the butter that has been cut into pieces.
- Add the brown sugar, followed by the chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
You can use either pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple. There's no need to drain the cans as the juice will add extra flavor to the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 475mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2013 with updated information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!