Family Favorite Freezer Recipes are featured as part of our Weekly Meal Plan. I thought it would be great to learn how to plan dinner ahead by making a few recipes that are delicious to enjoy now and freeze for later.
I love the idea of taking the time now to prepare a meal that you can enjoy with your family and also freeze a portion to enjoy later when life is busy.
One of my favorite family favorite freezer recipes to make in large quantity is my recipe for Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets. Once, they're made I'll wrap them individually in aluminum foil and place in a freezer safe plastic bag.
Then on busy nights, I can pull as many as I need to easily defrost and serve with a salad or mashed potatoes. These also work great as the base for preparing my Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
Together with printable menus available for you to customize for your family’s dinner, you can use these recipes to inspire your meal planning this week. Make sure you check out 10 Essentials Pantry Items and Freezer Meal Planning Tips to further help you customize your family’s dinner. Let’s talk about this week’s meal plan!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Storage Containers - I love this set.
- Freezer Marker - I'm always having a hard time getting a regular marker to write on a container or even plastic bag. These markers work great.
- Freezer Labels - okay, I need these too. I'm forever using a piece of paper taped to the top of a container.
- Freezer Bags
Freezer Inventory Printable
This week I'm including a FREE Freezer Inventory Printable to everyone. Print this out and use it when planning your family favorite freezer recipes and meals this week.
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Beef.
- Tuesday - Italian Night.
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
- Monday - Cheesy Mini Meatloaf - from Neighbor Food Blog.
- Tuesday - Sausage and Peppers - served over spaghetti or hard rolls.
- Wednesday - Italian Breaded Chicken Cutlets.
- Thursday - Slow Cooker Meatballs and Tomato Sauce. I always make a huge pot and freeze half for nights when I'm too busy to cook. This way I can pull a container out of the freezer in the morning and then by evening, boil spaghetti or ziti and dinner is ready!
- Friday - Instant Pot Split Pea Soup from Flavor Mosaic. Serve my Freezer Friendly Homemade Garlic Bread as a side dish.
- Saturday - Pizza made using my Easy Pizza Dough with Freezing Tips Recipe.
- Sunday - Cheesy Crustless Chicken Pot Pie from Healthy Christian Home.
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
- Easy Dinner Recipes
- Frugal Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Tips on Meal Planning made Easy
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.
This Meal Plan has been updated since it first appeared in 2020 with new information and two new printables to help you plan dinner for your family. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!