Looking for a delicious dessert? Look no further than mason jar cake with strawberries! The cake is a vanilla cake mix, followed by vanilla instant pudding and topped with fresh strawberries. Don't forget the whipped cream on top!
This recipe is simple to follow and perfect for any occasion. Plus, it's a great way to show off your creative side. Make sure you check out all the other Easy Desserts available here for you!
If you're looking for an easy summer dessert recipe, you can't go wrong with a cake, fruit and pudding. This combination is sure to please everyone's sweet tooth. Best of all, it's a cinch to make since it's made with a boxed cake mix.
Simply bake a cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Once the cake is baked, cut into small pieces and add them to the bottom of a mason jar. Then, top with your favorite fruits and pudding.
For an extra special touch, you can garnish with whipped cream or a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Whether you're entertaining guests or looking for a quick and easy dessert for your family, this easy mason jar cake with strawberries recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Cake Mix Hack Recipes? Try my Marble Bundt Cake, Peach Cobbler with White Cake Mix or my Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies. So many recipes you can bake that start out with a boxed cake mix!
Desserts in Mason Jars
There are few things more satisfying than a delicious dessert, and mason jar desserts are the perfect way to enjoy a sweet treat. This easy dessert recipe can be made with pudding, vanilla cake and berries.
Simply layer the ingredients in a mason jar, and you'll have a delicious dessert that's perfect for sharing. And because it's easy to make, you can enjoy mason jar desserts any time you crave a sweet treat.
I love serving desserts using mason jars. For my daughter's bridal shower luncheon, I made aroun 80 individual pudding desserts in mason jars. For holidays last year, I made Christmas Pancake Mix in a Jar as gifts for family and friends.
Gingerbread Mix Cookie Recipe
Besides mason jar dessert recipes, another fun way to give a gift around the holidays would be to give mason jar gift ideas and mixes.
Gingerbread Mix in a Jar would be a deliciouss way to give the gift of cookies! Simply gather all the dry ingredients of your favorite gingerbread cookie mix and layer them in a mason jar. Add a cute label with directions on how to bake the cookies as well.
What size Mason Jar for Desserts?
When it comes to Mason Jar desserts, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, choose the right size jar.
I like to use 8-ounce jars for this recipe, but you could also use 4 ounce size jars. Just be sure to adjust the amount of ingredients accordingly. I think 16 ounce size jars are too big for desserts; especially if you're setting a dessert buffet table.
A mason jar dessert is not complete without a topping of whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or other delicious finishing touch. With these tips in mind, you'll be able to create easy and impressive Mason Jar desserts that are sure to impress.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
Please note, not included in the ingredients photo is whipped cream.
Step 1 | Prepare the Vanilla Cake
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box.
Step 2 | Baking Instructions
- Add the cake mix batter to a prepared 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven according to the package directions.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
Step 3 | Prepare the Pudding Mix
- Prepare the pudding mix according to the package directions.
- Allow it to thicken and then set aside.
Step 4 | Assemble the Mason Jar Dessert
- Cut the cake into small squares.
- Add the cake to the bottom of the mason jars followed by the vanilla pudding and then sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top.
- Finally add the whipped cream and a few extra strawberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- This recipe is so easy to change to suit your favorite flavors by simply using a different flavor pudding mix and cake mix.
- Use different fruit that's in season or your favorite.
- Check out my other recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Pudding.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside while you prepare the cake batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake as directed on the package until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and all the cake to cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours or overnight. You want the cake cool so it's easier to cut into the pieces.
- Prepare the pudding according to the directions on the box. Mix until thickened and then set aside.
- Cut the cake into small squares.
- Assemble the mason jars by adding the cake, strawberry slices, pudding in layers. Continue to layer until you reach the top of the mason jar.
- Finally top with whipoped cream and a few extra strawberry slices.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For this recipes I used 20 4 ounce size mason jars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.