Thin chicken breasts dredged in flour then cooked in a hot cast iron skillet. Topped with a homemade garlic butter sauce these Sauteed Chicken Cutlets are full of flavor! Your family will be licking their plates...or at least asking for more! Let me show you another chicken cutlet recipe that's ready in under 20 minutes.
Usually when I make chicken, it's my family's favorite Italian Style Chicken Cutlets. But every now and then I like to change it up and try something new. And I am so glad I tried something new!
Usually when I make a quick pan sauce, I use regular butter. This time, I swapped used my homemade garlic butter recipe. It added so much flavor to the sauce! Do not skip this step! Take the time to make homemade garlic butter.
Sauteed Chicken Cutlets with Quick Garlic Butter Sauce recipe will definitely be on our weekly meal plan over and over again. They are that good. You'll agree once you take your first bite and taste the sauce...YUM!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Chicken Cutlets
- Flour - to dredge the chicken in.
- Garlic Butter - use my easy recipe!
- Heavy Cream - you could substitute half and half, but the heavy cream really thickens up the sauce.
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
Cooking Tip: Directions on how to slice chicken cutlets are included in my post on How to Make Thin Chicken Cutlets.
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
For this recipe, all I did was slice two full sized boneless chicken breasts lengthwise so I now have four thinner chicken cutlets. I did not use a mallet to make them any thinner like my other chicken cutlet recipes.
Step 2: Cooking Instructions
Add the flour to a shallow baking dish and then dredge each piece of chicken in it making sure both sides of the chicken are covered. Shake off any excess.
Step 3: Saute the Chicken
Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to a heavy cast iron skillet or regular skillet. Add the chicken cutlets and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes each side. Continue cooking over medium heat until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Step 3: Make the Garlic Butter Sauce
Once the chicken is completely cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the garlic butter sauce.
Add the garlic butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Scrape up the bits and pieces that's left in the pan from the chicken cooking. Those will add flavor to the sauce.
Stir in the chicken broth and allow it to combine with the butter. Then add in the heavy cream. Once everything has combined and is slightly thickened, add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Finally, add the chicken back to the pan and allow it to simmer in the sauce for a few minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
What pairs well with Chicken Cutlets?
For this recipe, I served Fresh Tomatoes and Pasta and a tossed salad on the side. They both completed the meal perfectly.
Make sure you look through all my favorites on what to serve with this easy recipe here in my Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Make sure the chicken pieces are all uniform and pretty much the same thickness. Cook in a hot pan and check the temperature often. Once the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, remove from the pan, place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to allow it to rest. This will help ensure that all the juices remain inside the chicken.
Ready for more great recipes?
- Moist Chicken Cutlets in the Oven
- Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
- Oven Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Hasselback Chicken - stuffed with grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Quick Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons homemade garlic butter; see note below
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
How to Prepare the Chicken
- Add the flour to a shallow pan.
- Dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the flour. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken cutlets.
- Saute until each side is browned and the chicken is mostly cooked through; 4 to 5 minutes. This will depend on how thick your cutlets are.
- Once the chicken is browned; remove to a plate and set aside while you prepare the Garlic Butter Sauce.
How to Prepare the Quick Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the garlic butter and allow to melt.
- Then add the chicken broth and scrape up any bits of chicken that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Next add the heavy cream followed by the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine well.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, turning the chicken a few times so they are covered in the sauce.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cook a few more minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.