Surprise your family with one of these Valentine's Day Floats and make something fun on February 14th this year!
Included in this collection are recipes for classic Root Beer Floats, Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas and Homemade Italian Cream Sodas!
Grab a glass, a straw or two, your favorite ice cream, soda, and syrup. You're all set to create a classic to celebrate!
Don't miss out on trying all the scrumptious Valentine's Day Recipes and cookies this year!
If you're craving an old-fashioned ice cream parlor treat, why not try one of these ice cream floats?
Just think how happy the kids will be when they return home from school, and see one of these delightful treats that they can wholeheartedly indulge in for the holiday.
Don't be puzzled by the terms "soda" and "float" which are often used interchangeably. Normally, sodas consist of syrups and cream, whereas with a float, the ice cream "floats" on top of the soda water.
Table of Contents
- Choose complementary flavors: Pair your favorite soda with ice cream flavors that complement its taste for a well-balanced float.
- Freeze glasses: For an extra chilled treat, freeze the glasses before assembling the floats to keep them cold.
- Add the ice cream first: Place the scoops of ice cream into the glass before pouring the soda to prevent excessive fizzing.
- Slowly pour the soda: Pour the soda over the ice cream slowly to minimize foam and ensure an evenly mixed float.
- Get creative with toppings: Garnish your floats with homemade whipped cream, colorful sprinkles, or fruit for an extra touch of flavor and fun.
- Don't forget to garnish your ice cream soda with fun straws!
When making ice cream floats, make sure you pour the soda slowly over the ice cream. That way the ice cream won't foam up and overflow the glass.
Incorporating flavored syrups into ice cream floats is a fantastic way to elevate the flavor and personalize your float.
- Simply pour the syrup into the glass before adding the soda and ensure it's mixed well.
- For a truly unique experience, some even suggest making your own homemade infused syrup like this Fresh Berry Simple Syrup Recipe.
- Get creative and try different syrups like caramel, maple, or fruit flavors to add a delightful twist to this classic treat.
- Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below.
- If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section!
For a perfect ice cream float, start by adding the ice cream to the glass before pouring in the soda. This tip reduces fizzing and ensures the soda is evenly distributed over the delicious ice cream.
Root beer is a timeless combination with vanilla ice cream, resulting in a float that evokes nostalgia with every sip. Coca-Cola, is a popular choice for its refreshing and effervescent blend when paired with vanilla or other ice cream flavors. For those seeking a fruity twist, options like orange soda, lemonade, or citrus-flavored sodas are also a great option.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Before You Begin!
If you make any of these recipes, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.