Pumpkin Pie Treats are mini pumpkin pies that make the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering!
Mini Pumpkin Pie Treats
Do you love tiny treats as much as I do? If you answer YES, then you’re going to enjoy these Mini Pumpkin Pie Treats I’m sharing with you today.
One of my favorite things to do is experiment with making “tiny” desserts or hand-held desserts that are perfect for buffets. I think what I really enjoy about tiny desserts is that they look so pretty and you can enjoy the taste of the dessert in a tiny bite without over-eating.
Over the weekend, I made these delicious mini pumpkin pie treats. They’re very similar to the Mini Pumpkin Pies I shared last year, but I made them even prettier by placing a mini baked pie crust cut out on top of the treats as they came out of the oven.
So delicious and they will look beautiful on your dessert table for Thanksgiving or any Fall gathering.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click HERE.
Helpful Tips for Making Mini Pumpkin Pie Treats
- Invest in the pie dough tamper tool. It really does help to form the pie dough correctly in the tart pan.
- Be careful when baking these as oven temps vary. Take into consideration the type of muffin or tart pan you are using. A muffin pan will give you bigger mini pies, so they will take longer to bake than if you were using the tart pan.
- When you place the leaf cutout on top of the cooked pie, press it in slightly so it adheres to the cooked pumpkin pie center. Otherwise, the leaf cutout could slide around and fall off.
- If you have extra dough, which you might, roll it out and cut out more shapes using your leaf cookie cutters. Brush with the egg white, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and baked again in the oven for about 12 minutes.
More Delicious Fall Inspired Recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits – this recipe combines my love for cheesecake and pumpkin pie!
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cups – starts out with a cake mix!
- Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes – video too!
- Pumpkin Spice Pull Apart Bread – video too!
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 double recipe of pie dough
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 to 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
Stir in the pumpkin, sugar and Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Gradually add in the evaporated milk and combine.
Set aside while you prepare the pie crust.
Roll out the dough and using a biscuit cutter, cut into shapes and press into the bottom of each individual tart pan.
Using a small scoop, fill up each tart with the pumpkin pie mixture. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes; checking after 10 minutes. Since they are small pies, they bake much quicker than a full sized pie. AND oven temperatures vary. You know they are done when you insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean AND the pie dough is a nice color.
Roll out the second pie dough and using the mini-cookie cutters, cut out the shapes that you want to place on top of each mini pie. You will have leftover dough.
Place the shapes on a parchment lined baking tray and brush with an egg glaze.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until a knife placed in the center of the pie comes out clean.
Once you remove the pumpkin pies from the oven, place a baked pie dough shape on top of the still warm pie and press lightly. Let cool slightly in the pan before removing to a baking rack to cool completely.
Transfer pies to a wire rack to cool before serving.
- Depending on the size muffin pan or tart pan you use, you could have anywhere from 12 to 16 mini pumpkin pies.
- You will definitely have leftover pie dough, but that's okay! Continue cutting out the shapes and bake them to enjoy as a special "cook's treat!"
- Watch these as they cook as cooking time will vary depending on the type of pan you use.