If you’re looking for a quick fall dessert, look no further! Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream is ready in under an hour. Topped with homemade maple whipped cream this recipe has the perfect taste of Fall and is ready fast!
Pumpkin Mousse with Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
One of my favorite Fall desserts is pumpkin pie. I often wonder why we only enjoy pumpkin pie during Fall? However, baking a homemade pumpkin pie can be time consuming.
If you’re craving pumpkin pie, but don’t have the time to bake, try this incredibly easy and delicious recipe for pumpkin mousse with homemade maple whipped cream. This recipe has the taste and texture of a pumpkin pie with just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor.
Oh and did I mention there’s maple syrup in both the mousse and the whipped cream? Delicious!
What is the Difference Between Canned Pumpkin and Pie Filling?
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Most of the pumpkin recipes you see on this site call for Pumpkin Puree. But sometimes that can be confusing when you go to the grocery store and see pumpkin pie mix next to a can of pure pumpkin puree. So what is the difference between the two?
Pumpkin puree is just as the can says, it’s cooked, pureed pumpkin. Nothing has been added to it. On the other hand pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices such as cinnamon, clove, allspice and ginger.
There’s also sugar and spices added to pumpkin pie mix. It’s an easy way to make pumpkin recipes with all the spices and sugar added.
Pumpkin Mousse Ingredients
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
Ingredients for the Maple Whipped Cream
- Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup half and half
How to Make Maple Whipped Cream
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How to Make Pumpkin Mousse
- Meanwhile, beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half and half, and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
How to Serve Pumpkin Mousse
- After about an hour of chilling, the mousse should be ready to serve.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream.
- You can also add crushed gingersnap cookies or chopped pecans on top.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar is always good too!
More Delicious Fall Inspired Recipes:
- Pancake Mix Pumpkin Pancakes
- TWO Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
- Mason Jar Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cups – starts out with a cake mix!
- Homemade Applesauce
You can also sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies on top or chopped pecans. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
For the Maple Whipped Cream
For the Pumpkin Mousse
How to Make the Maple Whipped Cream
How to Make the Pumpkin Mousse
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
You can also sprinkle crushed gingersnap cookies on top or chopped pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.