Let's save room in the oven for the turkey with these Crock Pot Thanksgiving Recipes this year. Side dishes, drinks and desserts included! The beauty of a slow cooker is it's easy!
You gather the ingredients, add them to the slow cooker and press start. Check out these easy recipes for Thanksgiving and see how perfect our celebration is going to be this year.
I love using my slow cooker to make my Homemade Cranberry Sauce a few days before Thanksgiving. In the past when we're hosted a lot of people, I would cook a turkey breast in the crock pot to make sure we had enough white meat.
Table of Contents
What is a Slow Cooker?
A crock pot or slow cooker is an appliance that cooks food slowly. Usually over a period of two to 12 hours. Heat is distributed from both the bottom and sides. Keeping the lid in place assures that the moisture and heat are trapped inside which helps cook the food.
Make sure you check out all the family favorite crock pot recipes available for you on the site.
Can I prep a Crockpot the night before?
The beauty of using a slow cooker to help you with Thanksgiving, is you can prep the ingredients the night before:
- Put everything together in the slow cooker dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight. Don't forget to cover it!
- The next morning, remove the dish from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, at least 30 minutes, before placing it in the slow cooker base.
Tips for using a Slow Cooker
Here are a few tips to make sure your Thanksgiving meal, side dish or dessert come out perfect:
- Don't overfill the crock pot.
- Keep the lid on. Opening the slow cooker allows the heat and moisture to escape and can slow down the cooking process.
- An obvious tip, but this has happened to me...make sure the crock pot is plugged in.
Top Tip: Resist the temptation to open the lid and check on the food cooking in the slow cooker. Removing the lid allows the heat and moisture to escape and can slow down the cooking process.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!