Picky Eaters Recipes are featured as part of our Weekly Meal Plan with printable menus available for you to customize for your family’s dinner. I hope you’ll be able to find recipes here that even the pickiest of kids will love for dinner this week!
Are your kids picky eaters? When my kids were younger I always tried to put together a weekly menu plan. But boy was it hard with two very picky eaters.
And to make it even harder for me, there was no internet or food bloggers to help out a mom with two very picky kids. Our daughter Olivia would only eat pasta from a can and our son, Michael, preferred a waffle or a bowl of cereal for dinner.
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday – Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday – Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday – Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday – Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday – Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday – Comfort Food Meal
- Monday – Monterey Chicken and Pasta – you can use leftover chicken for this recipe or stop and purchase a rotisserie chicken. Either way this is a kid-friendly recipe!
- Tuesday – Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Wednesday – Homemade Chicken Nuggets from Six Sisters. Make sure you try my Copycat Chick Fil A Dipping Sauce for this recipe!
- Thursday – Taco Macaroni Casserole – this is the perfect pasta recipe for kids from The 36th Avenue.
- Friday – Homemade Alphabet Soup – from Mostly Homemade Mom. Add grilled cheese sandwiches to complete this meal.
- Saturday – French Bread Pizza with Homemade Meat Sauce – all kids love pizza and you’ll love that this is a budget-friendly recipe too!
- Sunday – Chicken Pot Pie – pure comfort food! This was my daughter’s favorite recipe as a little girl, so I know picky eaters will enjoy it!
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
If you’re looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you’re going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.