Made with thinly sliced zucchini that's sauteed, this Zucchini Crescent Pie uses flaky crescent rolls instead of a traditional pie crust.
Let me show you how to make another crescent roll recipe that's the perfect side dish addition to add to dinner tonight. This would also make a great meal if you add a side salad.
Today I'm going to share with you a delicious easy recipe for zucchini crescent pie. Well, it's a zucchini pie with crescent rolls because it doesn't use a traditional pie crust dough recipe.
Pillsbury Zucchini Pie
This zucchini crescent pie recipe is another easy zucchini recipe that can be served for dinner or even brunch. You're going to love the taste of the sauteed zucchini with cheese.
Table of Contents
Pillsbury Crescent Roll Recipes
Crescent rolls are a versatile ingredient that can elevate both savory and sweet recipes. These flaky, buttery rolls can be filled with an assortment of delicious ingredients.
The light and airy texture of the crescent rolls pairs great with the sweet and tangly flavor of my Easy Cream Cheese Breakfast Danish that can be served for either breakfast or as a dessert!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
📌Cooking Tip: The secret to making this zucchini crescent pie so delicious is to slice the zucchini really thin. You can use a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. Please be careful and use the guard that comes with all slicers.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Thinly sliced zucchini
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Pillsbury crescent rolls or crescent sheet pastry
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1: Slice the zucchini into thin circles and then in half. You can use a sharp knife or even a mandolin slicer.
- Step 2: Next, melt the butter in a large skillet and then add the thinly sliced zucchini. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the zucchini is softened.
- Step 3: Season with salt and pepper. Feel free to add your favorite spices as well! Allow the mixture cool down a few minutes before adding the eggs. Do not add the egg and cheese mixture while the zucchini is cooking. You will have scrambled eggs.
Assemble the Pillsbury Zucchini Pie
- Step 4: Open up the crescent rolls and spread them into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, pressing the seams together.
- Step 5: Spread the mustard on top of the crescent rolls.
- Step 6: Combine the eggs and mozzarella cheese together in a mixing bowl. Add to the slightly cooled zucchini mixture.
- Step 7: Spread the entire mixture evenly on top of the crescent rolls and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375° F for 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- You may need to cover the pie with aluminum foil during the last ten minutes of cooking if you notice the pie is getting too brown.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Allow the zucchini pie to cool completely before storing it.
- Wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container and sgtore in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🔁 Reheating Tips
- When you're ready to enjoy the leftover zucchini pie, reheat in the microwave until the pie is heated through.
- If you want to reheat in the oven, wrap the leftover slices with aluminum foil and reheat at 350°F until the pie is warmed through.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 beaten eggs
- 8 oz. crescent roll package
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Brown Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the zucchini. Cook for about ten minutes or until the zucchini is softened.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow the zucchini to cool slightly.
- Open up the crescent rolls and spread them into the bottom of a 9X12 baking dish, pressing the seams together.
- Spread the mustard on top of the crescent rolls.
- Combine the eggs and mozzarella cheese together in a mixing bowl. Add to the slightly cooled zucchini mixture.
- Spread the entire mixture evenly on top of the crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the mixture is set. You may need to cover the pie with aluminum foil during the last ten minutes of cooking if you notice the pie is getting too brown.
Do not add the egg and cheese mixture while the zucchini is cooking. You will have scrambled eggs. Let the mixture cool down just a few minutes before adding the eggs and cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2013 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!