Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites are one of my favorite Easy Zucchini Recipes. They're also the perfect way to satisfy your craving for pizza when you're following a low carb diet plan. Let me show you how to make these with a little secret so they don't turn out soggy, because if you don't bake them just right, they will be soggy.
Keto zucchini pizza bites are the perfect low-carb side dish to satisfy your craving for pizza without all the calories and carbs from a traditional pizza.
You should definitely try my Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Sticks dipped in homemade marinara sauce for your next party!
Keto Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini or summer squash is the perfect substitute if you want to enjoy pasta while following a keto diet. It's filled with vitamins C, A and calcium but the main reason we love this green vegetable is because it's low in carbs.
There are only 3 grams of net carbs per 1 medium-sized zucchini. Zucchini can be enjoyed as noodles when you use my recipe for Grilled Steak with Zucchini Veggie Spirals or Stuffed Zucchini with Beef and Cheese.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
There's really not much that you need in the way of special kitchen tools to make this recipe, but here are my favorite tools that I used and continue to use daily:
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce - you can use your favorite brand of jar sauce or you can use my Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper or your favorite Italian seasonings
Yes, I did go searching for the perfect zucchini for this photo. I used a medium to large sized zucchini but if your zucchini was smaller, you could slice it on an angle to get larger oval shapes for the pizza bites.
Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch rounds. Brush each zucchini round with a little olive oil.
I love to sprinkle them with my Salt, Pepper and Garlic House Seasoning. You can also use your favorite pizza seasonings like oregano or hot pepper flakes. Remember you're trying to satisfy your cravings for pizza, so make the zucchini taste as close to your favorite pizza as possible.
Pre-Bake the Zucchini Rounds
This is the secret to making sure the zucchini do not get soggy with the marinara or pizza sauce and cheese. Pre-bake the zucchini rounds in the oven for a few minutes and then flip them and brush with a little more olive oil and another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Pre-baked zucchini rounds ready for marinara sauce.
Add a little marinara sauce to the tops of each zucchini round.
Add the mozzarella.
Place under the broiler this time until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley for a garnish.
The next time you're craving pizza, why not try these easy and delicious Zucchini Pizza Bites. They're a great way to enjoy pizza without all the carbs or guilt!
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You can prepare the zucchini bites about an hour or so before you plan on serving them. Store them in the refrigerator and then bake them in the oven.
Yes! I think these would be great with pepperoni, mushrooms or even chopped peppers. Go ahead and add your favorite pizza toppings!
Yes. Prepare the zucchini as directed above and bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Ready for more great recipes?
Zucchini Pizza Bites can be a meal all by themselves or you can serve them alongside any of these family favorite recipes:
- Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Cutlets Italian Style
- 10 Amazing Keto Zucchini Recipes
- 1 large zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini in to ¼" inch rounds and place on a baking try that has been lined with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. If you use aluminum foil, make sure you spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush the top side of each zucchini round with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes and then flip each zucchini round and brush with a little more olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for an additional 1 to 2 minutes of baking.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of each zucchini round.
- Divide the mozzarella cheese evenly to the zucchini rounds and then sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese on top.
- Turn the oven up to broil and place the baking tray under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms or chopped peppers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!