Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites are one of my favorite Easy Zucchini Recipes. They're also the perfect way to satisfy your craving for pizza when you're following a low carb diet plan.
Let me show you how to make these with a little secret so they don't turn out soggy, because if you don't bake them just right, they will be soggy.
Keto zucchini pizza bites are the perfect low-carb side dish to satisfy your craving for pizza without all the calories and carbs from a traditional pizza.
They're great for lunch or to serve as a side dish for dinner. These pizza bites work great if you're looking for keto zucchini appetizers like my Bisquick Zucchini Cheddar Muffins or Zucchini Puffs.
You should definitely try my Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Sticks dipped in homemade marinara sauce for your next party!
Table of Contents
Keto Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini or summer squash is the perfect substitute if you want to enjoy pasta while following a keto diet. It's filled with vitamins C, A and calcium but the main reason we love this green vegetable is because it's low in carbs.
There are only 3 grams of net carbs per 1 medium-sized zucchini. Zucchini can be enjoyed as noodles when you use my recipe for Grilled Steak with Zucchini Veggie Spirals or Stuffed Zucchini with Beef and Cheese.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
There's really not much that you need in the way of special kitchen tools to make this recipe, but here are my favorite tools that I used and continue to use daily:
Baking Sheet with Rack SetMore InformationKeto Meal Prep CookbookMore InformationKeto Diet Pizza And PastaMore InformationPastry brush for bakingMore Information
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce - you can use your favorite brand of jar sauce or you can use my Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper or your favorite Italian seasonings
Yes, I did go searching for the perfect zucchini for this photo. I used a medium to large sized zucchini but if your zucchini was smaller, you could slice it on an angle to get larger oval shapes for the pizza bites.
1️⃣Prepare the Zucchini
- Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch rounds.
- Brush each zucchini round with a little olive oil.
2️⃣ Add Seasonings
- I love to sprinkle them with my Salt, Pepper and Garlic House Seasoning.
- You can also use your favorite pizza seasonings like oregano or hot pepper flakes.
- Remember you're trying to satisfy your cravings for pizza, so make the zucchini taste as close to your favorite pizza as possible.
3️⃣ Pre-Bake the Zucchini Rounds
- This is the secret to making sure the zucchini do not get soggy with the marinara or pizza sauce and cheese.
- Pre-bake the zucchini rounds in the oven for a few minutes and then flip them and brush with a little more olive oil and another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4️⃣Add the Toppings
- Pre-baked zucchini rounds ready for marinara sauce.
- Add a little marinara sauce to the tops of each zucchini round.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler this time until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley for a garnish.
- The next time you're craving pizza, why not try these easy and delicious Zucchini Pizza Bites. They're a great way to enjoy pizza without all the carbs or guilt!
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🍽 Make it a Meal
Zucchini Pizza Bites can be a meal all by themselves or you can serve them alongside any of these family favorite recipes:
- Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Cutlets Italian Style
- 10 Amazing Keto Zucchini Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You can prepare the zucchini bites about an hour or so before you plan on serving them. Store them in the refrigerator and then bake them in the oven.
Yes! I think these would be great with pepperoni, mushrooms or even chopped peppers. Go ahead and add your favorite pizza toppings!
Yes. Prepare the zucchini as directed above and bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
🌟Try these recipes next...
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites
Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites are the perfect way to satisfy your craving for pizza when you’re follow a low carb diet plan.
- 1 large zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini in to ¼" inch rounds and place on a baking try that has been lined with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. If you use aluminum foil, make sure you spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush the top side of each zucchini round with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes and then flip each zucchini round and brush with a little more olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for an additional 1 to 2 minutes of baking.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of each zucchini round.
- Divide the mozzarella cheese evenly to the zucchini rounds and then sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese on top.
- Turn the oven up to broil and place the baking tray under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms or chopped peppers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Tammy Vogelgesang says
I added pepperoni to each!!!
I love that idea! Thanks for visiting.
Nice healthy alternative to bagel bites. We'd love it if you'd share your post on our new link up. our readers would really enjoy your content. Here is the link if you're interested! https://handmadeweekly.com/handmade-otherwise-link-party-week-1/
Looks great I am adding it to my low carb recipes! Pinned and sharing! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
Thank you! Your party is one of my favorites!
Donna @Modern on Monticello says
During the summer months we eat a lot of squash and zucchini so I am always looking for new recipes to try out. So glad you shared this one and the zucchini puffs too. #HomeMattersParty
It's never too soon to start collecting zucchini recipes! Thank you for visiting and for your fun party!
We do the same kind of thing with eggplant instead of zucchini! We also like to top our eggplant pizzas with something like onion and pepper, to add in even more veggies!
The zucchini intrigues me though, I bet it's just a bit crunchier than eggplant which sounds great!
I've never tried eggplant pizzas! That sounds really yummy too. Thanks for visiting today Heather.
Pizza with carb! Looks something interesting and new for me. Going to try it soon and hope it will testy and yummy 🙂