Easy Zucchini Puffs are a delicious way to use the bounty of zucchini in your garden or from your neighbor’s garden!
I know what you’re thinking! No, seriously, I do! You’re thinking, why are you posting a recipe for zucchini now? Well, zucchini is still showing up in some gardens! And you can still get plenty of zucchini from farm stands.
This is a recipe I made years ago and finally found the photos on my laptop the other day. I quickly put the post together to share with you. I think you’ll enjoy them.
You can serve these Zucchini Puffs Recipe as an appetizer for your next family get-together or as a side dish with grilled chicken.
How to Make Easy Zucchini Puffs
These are not a heavy muffin-type recipe. They’re light and airy…more of a puff. I’m sure you could make this recipe using Bisquick instead of the flour and baking powder.
- After you grate the zucchini, you’re going to want to squeeze it dry. Wrap the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the excess water out of the zucchini.
- If you skip this step, the puffs will be very watery and we don’t want watery zucchini puffs!
- Once everything is combined, spoon the mixture into a mini muffin pan that’s been sprayed well.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the center is done.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Mini Muffin Pan -Make sure you spray the muffin pan really well before adding the batter. I used my mini muffin pan because that’s the size I wanted. You can definitely use a regular sized muffin pan as well.
- Box Grater
- Measuring Cups
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup miilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini
After you grate the zucchini, you'll need to get rid of the excess water. Wrap the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the excess water out. Make sure you're holding the towel over the sink or a large enough bowl to catch all the water. You don't want a mess.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and Italian Seasoning.
In another bowl, combine the egg with the milk. Then add to the dry ingredients and combine.
Add the shredded zucchini and cheese to the batter and mix to combine.
Spoon into mini muffin pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the center is done.
These are delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click HERE.