Get ready to meet your new go-to dessert with this simple recipe for Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake!
This mouthwatering dessert is made with only three ingredients, blueberry pie filling, lemon cake mix and a stick of butter. It's so easy to make, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
The recipe uses a boxed cake mix to make the yummy crumb topping
Check out all the other cake mix hacks that will help you create a delicious recipe for your family!
It really doesn't get much easier than this recipe. You really do just "dump the ingredients" in a baking dish and bake! And did I mention that there's only THREE ingredients?
In this post, I go through the process of creating this heavenly treat, and share some tips and tricks to take your Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake to the next level.
Your family is really going to love this recipe. And you're going to love how incredibly easy it is to put together. So why not treat everyone to something yummy this weekend? You might even have all the ingredients in your pantry to make it!
Table of Contents
What is a Dump Cake?
- Dump cake or a crunch cake is very similar to a fruit cobbler.
- It's made with a can of fruit pie filling and a boxed cake mix.
- The cake mix gives you the crunchy buttery topping.
- You basically do just like the title says and dump the ingredients into a baking dish and then top it off with the cake mix followed by a stick of butter.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Blueberries: Instead of using canned blueberry pie filling, you can use another pie filling such as apple, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries.
- Fresh Berries: You can replace the canned pie filling with fresh berries. Check out my Berry Dump Cake Recipe.
- Cake mix: If you don't have access to a lemon cake mix, you can substitute a white, yellow or a vanilla cake mix.
- Step 1: Empty both cans of blueberry pie filling into the bottom of a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2: Combine the melted butter with the lemon cake mix until you get crumbs.
- Add the lemon cake and butter mixture to the top of the blueberry pie filling and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until hot and bubbly.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- It’s best to serve this dessert warm from the oven.
- If you can’t serve it warm from the oven, this cake also heats up nicely in the microwave.
- Besides enjoying this dump cake as is, everything tastes better topped with fresh whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Make sure the cake has cooled completely to room temperature.
- Then, cover the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent air from getting in and drying it out.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
🔁 Reheating Tips
- To enjoy the cake again, simply place a slice of the cake on a microwave-safe dish and heat it for 30-60 seconds, checking after every 15 seconds or so to make sure it doesn't overcook.
- If you have a larger amount of cake to reheat, the oven may be a better option. Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the cake on a baking sheet or in an oven-safe dish. Cover it with foil to prevent any further browning or drying out, and bake for 10-15 minutes until it's heated through.
- You can also reheat a cake in an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F and place the cake in an air fryer basket. Heat for approximately 5-10 minutes, checking frequently to ensure it doesn't overcook.
- Note that the texture of the cake may change slightly when it is refrigerated, but it will still be delicious!
🌟Try these Dump Cake recipes next...
- Apple Dump Cake - one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake - with video
- Peach Dump Cake
- Apple Caramel Dump Cake
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix; 15.25 ounce size
- 2 cans Blueberry Pie Filling; 21 ounces each
- ½ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Pour both cans of blueberry pie filling evenly into the bottom of a 9X13 glass baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry lemon cake mix with the melted butter.
- Stir with a spoon until the mixture turns into small crumbs.
- Pour the butter/cake crumb mixture evenly over the pie filling in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides are hot and bubbling.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream of vanilla ice cream.
You can make this recipe using any flavor of canned pie filling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!