Grilled chicken skewers with homemade basil pesto drizzled on top. Served these Chicken Pesto Kabobs with homemade flatbread, lettuce and tomato.
This is one meal you're going to want to serve over and over again this summer or maybe all year long.
Let me show you how easy dinner can be with another chicken cutlet recipe.
Chicken Pesto Kabobs is an easy recipe that's perfect to add to your Weekly Meal Plan. It's another one of my Family Favorite Chicken Recipes that's ready in 30 minutes.
Now that the warmer months are here, it seems only natural to be looking for grilled chicken recipes. I don't know about you, but at the end of a long day of work, the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove cooking dinner.
📌Looking for more summer kabob recipes? Try my Air Fryer Chicken Skewers recipe or my Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Pineapple Marinade.
Table of Contents
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Kabob Skewers for GrillingMore InformationBamboo Skewer Sticks,More InformationDigital Instant Read Meat ThermometerMore Information3.5 Cup Mini Food ProcessorMore Information
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Bottled or homemade basil pesto sauce
- Homemade Flatbread Recipe for serving
- Lettuce, tomato and fresh lime slices for serving
1️⃣ Prepare the Chicken
- Place the chicken on a cutting board that's been covered with a piece of parchment paper. Then slice the chicken into cubes.
📌Make sure you soak the wooden skewers for 30 minutes before placing the chicken on them and cooking them over an open fire. Or use metal skewers to avoid this step.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken on to the wooden skewers. Brush the chicken pieces lightly with a little vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and close the grill lid. Allow the chicken to cook for about 7 minutes.
- Then carefully flip the chicken skewers. Allow the chicken to cook for an additional seven minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°, test with a digital meat thermometer.
- Place the chicken skewers on a serving platter, drizzle with the fresh basil pesto sauce and serve with tomatoes, lettuce and fresh lime slices.
- We love to take the chicken off the skewers and eat wrapped in warm homemade flatbread.
- The perfect side dish might be this summer pesto pasta salad.
Check out my list of Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlet Recipes. I know you'll find something easy and delicious to prepare to go with Chicken Pesto Kabobs from the list.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
⏲Prep Ahead Tips
- Marinade the chicken cubes early in the morning before you leave for work.
- Keep them covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to start grilling.
- Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below.
- If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section!
Depending on what you add to the chicken kebabs, they can be a very option for dinner.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Baked Chicken Cutlet Recipes - a great collection of recipes that are perfect for dinner any night of the week!
- Chicken Cutlet Parmesan with Spaghetti - crispy, oven baked chicken with marinara sauce and two different cheeses. This sheet pan recipe is ready in 30 minutes making it another favorite chicken cutlet recipe. Serve this recipe with lightly buttered spaghetti and a side salad.
- Stuffed Chicken Cutlets – pounded thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts rolled up with a savory bread stuffing. Then cooked in a delicious gravy till tender.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Chicken Pesto Kabobs
Chicken Pesto Kabobs - grilled chicken skewers with homemade basil pesto drizzled on top. Served with homemade flatbread, lettuce and tomato. This is one meal you're going to want to serve over and over again.
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- ½ cup
- Homemade Flatbread Recipe; for serving
- Lettuce, tomato and fresh lime slices; for serving
Place the chicken on a cutting board that's been covered with a piece of parchment paper. Then slice the chicken into cubes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken on to the wooden skewers. Brush the chicken pieces lightly with a little vegetable oil.
Place the chicken skewers on the grill and close the grill lid. Allow the chicken to cook for about 7 minutes.
Then carefully flip the chicken skewers. Allow the chicken to cook for an additional seven minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°, test with a digital meat thermometer.
To serve, place the chicken kabobs on a plate and drizzle with Homemade Basil Pesto Sauce.
Serve on top of Homemade Flatbread with lettuce, tomatoes and fresh lime slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 74g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2014 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Nettie Moore says
Hi Lois! Thank you for partying with us at Simple Supper Tuesday! Your kabobs have been featured at Moore or Less Cooking, going live tomorrow at 8pm! Nettie
Cynthia Landrie says
That is a rough week! Hopefully you're feeling all better now. This chicken looks fantastic. Such a great recipe. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.
Susan F. says
Lots of basil in my garden right now - I pinned this! It looks delicious. Glad that you are feeling better. I found this at the Turn it up Tuesday Linkup 🙂