Looking for a delicious way to use up all that fresh zucchini from your garden? Try these Easy Zucchini Puffs Recipe. They're loaded with grated zucchini, cheddar cheese, and seasonings which means you'll get loads of flavor in every bite.
Plus, they're packed with nutrients and are low in calories which makes them perfect for breakfast or snack time.
Give this easy zucchini recipe a try today! I know it will soon become one of your favorite recipes.
This cute little puffs are light and airy. They're made using flour and baking powder and come together really fast.
You can serve these Zucchini Puffs Recipe as an appetizer for your next family get-together. They also work great as a side dish with any one of the Family Favorite Chicken Recipes here on the site or my favorite grilled steak.
Table of Contents
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of recipes, including appetizers. These zucchini puff muffins are a great option for an appetizer when you serve them with a dipping sauce on the side.
Try adding homemade ranch dressing or homemade tomato sauce in little bowls on the platter when serving the zucchini puffs. And for something a little different, try zucchini fritters, or zucchini fries or zucchini sticks - they're crispy, golden, and irresistible!
Have you ever tried Zucchini Pizza Bites? This is a fun low-calorie way to enjoy the taste of pizza without all the carbs. No matter what recipe you choose, garden fresh zucchini is sure to be a hit at your next family gathering.
Bisquick Zucchini Muffins
While this is a "from scratch" recipe, you can also make zucchini muffins usting Bisquick Baking Mix. They're perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and they're packed with nutrients and fiber.
The zucchini adds moisture and sweetness to the muffins, while the baking mix provides a hearty, wholesome base. These muffins are also very easy to make - simply combine the ingredients and bake! In just minutes, you'll have fresh, warm zucchini muffins that are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
For more information and complete directions, check out my Bisquick Zucchini Cheddar Muffins Recipe.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Italian Seasoning; or your favorite seasonings.
- Baking powder
- 1 egg
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
📌 Quick Tip: Grating zucchini is an easy way to break the vegetable down so it blends in with the flour and cheese better than if you were to simply chop the zucchini.
- Step 1: Grating zucchini is an easy way to break the vegetable down so it blends in with the flour and cheese better than if you were to simply chop the zucchini.
- Step 1: Trim off the ends of the zucchini and then run the zucchini up and down the sides of either a box grater or a plank grater until it is completely grated. No matter which kitchen tool you use, be careful as the zucchini gets smaller. You don't want to accidentally cut your fingers.
- Step 2: After you grate the zucchini, you'll need to get rid of the excess water. Wrap the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the excess water out.
📌 Quick Tip: Make sure you're holding the towel over the sink or a large enough bowl to catch all the water. You don't want a mess. If you skip this step, the puffs will be very watery and we don't want watery zucchini puffs!
- Step 3: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and Italian Seasoning.
- Step 4: In another bowl, combine the egg with the milk. Then add to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Step 5: Add the grated zucchini and cheese to the batter and mix to combine.
- Step 6: Spoon into mini muffin pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use paper muffin liners.
- Step 7: Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the center is done.
📌Quick Tip: If you use paper muffin liners, try spraying them with non-stick baking spray before adding the batter. The paper liners will peel off easily after the puffs have baked.
- Allow the Zucchini Puffs to cool completely before storing them.
- Place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
- If you're stacking them on top of each other, place a small piece of wax paper or parchment paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
- To freeze, wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap and then place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Zucchini Puffs can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
🔁 Thawing and Reheating Tips
- When you're ready to eat them, simply thaw the muffins at room temperature for a few hours or microwave them for a quick defrost.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Yes, you can grate or prep the zucchini ahead of time. Keep it in a sealed air-tight container or plastic bag. I like to also add a paper towel to the plastic bag or container to help with any excess moisture from the zucchini. Properly stored, grated zucchini will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
I would not substitute Bisquick Baking Mix for the flour in this recipe, however, you can now try my Bisquick Zucchini Cheddar Muffins recipe!
Yes. Once the puffs have baked and cooled completely, place them in a single layer on top of a baking tray. Place the baking tray in the freezer for about an hour to “flash freeze” the puffs. Once frozen, place them in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Zucchini
- After you grate the zucchini, you'll need to get rid of the excess water.
- Wrap the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the excess water out.
- Make sure you're holding the towel over the sink or a large enough bowl to catch all the water. You don't want a mess.
How to Prepare the Puffs
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and Italian Seasoning.
- In another bowl, combine the egg with the milk. Then add to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the shredded zucchini and cheese to the batter and mix to combine.
- Spoon into mini muffin pans that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the center is done.
- Please feel free to add your own favorite seasonings, garlic powder would be nice! I love when people take a recipe and add their own spin on it!
- You can also add salt and pepper to the mixture before spooning into the muffin pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.