Take your family traditions up a notch by preparing this new Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Cinnabon Copycat Recipe!
What would Christmas or Easter morning be without the smell of freshly-baked cinnamon rolls? OR maybe you enjoy baking something special for birthdays?
Enjoy celebrating any holiday or Saturday morning with cinnamon rolls by baking these warm, gooey homemade cinnamon rolls, that taste just like those from Cinnabon.
Check out all the other cinnamon roll recipes for even more delicious ideas for any holiday celebration.
Nothing quite compares to the feeling of walking into a kitchen filled with the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning!
Check out all the other Christmas Breakfast Recipes you can use for special occasions all year long!
Table of Contents
💭Cinnabon Copycat Recipe
Cinnabon is known for their delectably soft and sweet rolls, which are made from only the finest ingredients. The base of each cinnamon roll consists of thick dough that has been slow-proofed overnight, allowing the flavors to deepen before baking.
Cinnabon is also known for their intense cinnamon taste. This recipe uses 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, which is a lot. If you're worried about the flavor of all that cinnamon, you can reduce it to 1 tablespoon.
This Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Cinnabon Copycat Recipe is topped with an awesomely indulgent cream cheese frosting!
💭Homemade cinnamon rolls with heavy cream
Adding heavy cream to cinnamon rolls provides a decadent texture and flavor to the classic dish. The richness from the cream balances out the sweet and spicy tones from the cinnamon, creating a taste that can't be beat.
Cream adds an extra layer of richness to the rolls and pairs particularly well with their sweet cinnamon flavor. Not only does it make them more delectable, but it helps keep the rolls moist while they bake.
📌Baking Tip: The secret to this Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Cinnabon Copycat Recipe is to pour heavy cream over the rolls before baking! This will make the rolls gooey and taste just like the ones you purchase at the mall.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Mixing Bowls (Set of 3), Ceramic Mixing Bowls, Serving Bowls3 Pack Stainless Steel WhisksBaking Dishes, Rectangular Bakeware Set Ceramic Baking Pan 13 x 9 InchesChristmas Coffee Mug Set of 6SYRUP Ceramic Syrup Dispenser Jar
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Prepare the Homemade Dough
- Add the sugar and the yeast to warm milk. Stir to combine. Cover with a plate and let it sit for 5 minutes to let the yeast mixture proof.
- Using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer, cream the butter and remaining sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and completely combine.
- Next, add in the yeast mixture and mix for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Add in the flour and mix it in well. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, and knead by hand for 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 2 | Roll out the Dough
- Roll out the dough to 19 to 21 inches long.
- Brush the dough with butter, and leave about ¾ inch around the sides.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it evenly over the butter. Cover the entire surface of the dough.
- Roll the dough up like a jelly roll.
Step 3 | Rising Instructions
- Slice the log of dough into 12 one inch pieces. Carefully place them into a greased 9x13 baking dish that's been prepared with non stick baking spray.
- Pour the heavy cream all over the rolls.
- Cover the dish with a towel or plastic wrap.
- In a warm place, let the rolls rise for about an hour or until they have doubled in size.
Step 4 | Baking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool while you prepare the cream cheese frosting.
Step 5 | Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting
- Use your mixer to combine all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before spreading your glaze on top. If you spread the glaze too soon, it will melt and not be the proper consistency.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes. AND Google places a high value on recipe ratings and in turn will share my recipes to a broader audience.
🍽 Make it a Meal
- All you need to make this Christmas Morning Breakfast is maybe a fruit salad.
- Check out my other recipe for Sweet Breakfast Casserole that's filled with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Try my Brunch Punch Non-Alcoholic recipe to serve with these Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Cinnabon Copycat Recipe.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They should stay fresh up to 5 days after baking.
- You can easily reheat any leftovers in the microwave for a minute or two until heated through.
- The cinnamon rolls can also be frozen after they've baked. Wrap them in aluminum foil and then place in a freezer-safe plastic bag or storage container for up to 3 months.
Air-Tight Storage Containers: these air-tight storage containers that help keep food fresh for longer. Use them to store fresh baked goods, cookies, fruit and vegetables, left overs, and more. The silicone lids lock to close to ensure an air tight seal. The stackable, multi-size design makes these containers easy to store. They're perfectly sized for the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
Check out my post on Freezer Friendly Cinnamon Rolls for complete details. Homemade cinnamon rolls are surprisingly easy to freeze and produce delicious results:
- After you have sliced and formed the individual cinnamon rolls, place each bun on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer to flash freeze.
- Once frozen, you can remove them to an air-tight container and place in the freezer.
- Transfer the rolls from the freezer, allow them to defrost and come to room temperature.
- Then bake according to the recipe instructions.
If you want to give the frozen cinnamon rolls as a gift over the holidays, check out my Homemade Cinnamon Roll Labels with instructions for baking.
You can make almost any homemade cinnamon roll recipe the night before. Start off by shaping your dough into a roll, preparing it as you normally would, and setting it on parchment paper in the baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the rolls to rise overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, remove the rolls from the refrigerator an hour before baking to let them come to room temperature again. Bake according to the recipe instructions.
Once the rolls have been formed, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer to flash freeze. Place the frozen rolls in a freezer safe plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk, 105°-110°F
- 4 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup heavy cream (to pour on top of the rising cinnamon rolls)
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 1 tablespoon sugar and yeast to the warm milk. Stir slightly to combine. Cover with a plate and let sit for 5 minutes for the yeast mixture to proof.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and remaining sugar suing the paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs, mix in completely.
- Add the yeast mixture next and mix for a few seconds. Stop the mixer, and scrape down the bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Then add in the flour, and mix until well incorporated. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes by hand.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 19 to 21 inches long.
- Brush butter over the dough, leaving about ¾ inch around the sides.
- Combine the cinnamon with the brown sugar, and then sprinkle evenly over the butter on top of the entire surface of the dough.
- Beginning at one end, start rolling the dough up like you would a jelly roll.
- Slice the dough into 12 one inch pieces and gently place into a greased 9x13 baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour heavy cream over the rolls.
- Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the homemade cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Prepare the frosting by combining together all the ingredients in the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer.
- Once smooth, spread the frosting on top of the slightly cooled cinnamon rolls.
- If you add the frosting too soon, it will begin to melt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 8g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.